Founded in 1887, Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center, the Los Angeles Center for Women’s Health, obstetrics and pediatric services, and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.
About this opportunity:
- Under general supervision,of the Executive Chef / Food Production Manager, responsible for the preparation of all main entrees, vegetable and soups according to projected needs and formula cards for the patient Trayline, cafeteria and special events.
- All employees are expected to perform their duties in alignment with the vision and values of the organization.
- The person doing this job is responsible for a variety of tasks that lead to a high level of customer satisfaction in the most cost effective manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food preparation, sanitation, and service.
- Must have prior experience in food service with at least 2 years cooking experience in a healthcare environment highly preferred.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of English, spelling and basic math functions.
- Able to read and understand English.
- Follows stock rotation procedures (first-in, first-out) assuring the oldest stock is used first.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of all food service related equipment.
- Effectively perform each of the following functions: Catering responsibilities, Patient Cook, Grill Cook, and Cafeteria Cook
- Has thorough knowledge of HACCP requirements.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Performs appropriate cleaning functions to meet standards.
- Complies with all safety regulations pertaining to CHMC, as well as state regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records and information which pertains to patients, physicians, employees, the hospital and related interests.
- Knows the distinction of modified diets.
This position is represented by SEIU.