New York, NY
We are seeking a motivated and savvy Copy Editor to join our marketing communications team. This role will work with our team of marketing leaders, writers and designers to curate compelling and accurate content for our organization. Primary responsibilities will include proofreading and editing, ensuring consistent brand voice, and collaborating with co-workers to deliver quality projects, on time.
To excel in this role, candidates should have experience in developing and editing content, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills. A Bachelor's Degree in English or related field is a must.
- Edit and proofread text for spelling, grammar and punctuation errors for all deliverables pre-publication, such as white papers, brochures, blogs, press materials, web copy, etc.
- Verify factual correctness of information
- Ensure professional writing etiquettes as well as consistency in terms of brand style and voice
- Rewrite text where necessary to improve clarity and readability
- Brainstorm and collaborate with the marketing communications team for new ideas and strategies
- Research markets and industries to recommend the best practices to improve the team's writing and communication skills
- Identify gaps in our content and recommend innovative topics
- Bachelor’s degree in English Language, Linguistics studies, English Literature, journalism, communications or related field required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years in copy editing/style editing
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Basic understanding of technology services & products
- Understanding of the technology industry, cloud and digital a plus
- Must have an eye for details
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently in a face-paced work environment
- Ability to work as an individual contributor and as an active member of the team
About the Company
Virtusa is a leading worldwide provider of information technology (IT) consulting and outsourcing services. We help accelerate business outcomes for Global 2000 businesses in banking and financial services, insurance, healthcare, telecommunications and media.
Virtusa delivers targeted business outcomes through differentiated solutions by leveraging its proven platforming methodology, domain expertise and technology innovation. Virtusa’s operational excellence solutions allow businesses to improve business and operating efficiencies, and reduce costs using automation, effort compression and simplification. Virtusa’s digital transformation and innovation solutions empower companies to accelerate business growth by reimagining the consumer experience, and creating lasting value.
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Massachusetts, Virtusa has 50 offices across North America, Europe and Asia.