Who We Are
SBA Communications has been a leader in the telecommunications infrastructure industry for the past 30 years. With over 30,000 cell towers in 14 different countries, we address the nonstop demand for connectivity. Our customers are continually increasing their network capacities by building out or densifying their networks using cell towers, antenna placements on buildings and rooftops, and DAS and small cells – the infrastructure - this is what we do at SBA.
As a team member, you are the most valuable asset at SBA. We appreciate and recognize the impact you have on the success of the company, our customers and the communities we serve. We are collaborative and enjoy each other’s company. We work hard to make those around us a success and we interact with each other in a positive and respectful manner.
So many! Stay healthy with medical, dental and vision insurance options, join the company Wellness program, and use the gym on the premises. Become financially secure with our 401K plan, our annual stock grant, and our Employee Stock Purchase Program. Relax or take needed sick or personal time with 19 days of paid time off (PTO). Stay protected with life and disability insurance, as well as several other voluntary insurance options. Save money with various discount programs.
Under direction of the Senior Principal Corporate Counsel – International M&A, and as a part of both the International Legal and Mergers & Acquisition departments, this position will provide legal support and counseling, in connection with cross-border asset and equity Mergers and Acquisitions, including the negotiation and drafting of transaction documents, coordination of due diligence processes and integration, as well as supervision and time-management of administrative staff and paralegals. The ideal candidate shall be able to responsibly self-start and logically self-prioritize matters in a fast-paced multicultural environment with a wide range of hierarchical positions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support international M&A transactions and strategic investments, including but not limited to reviewing and drafting related documents from pre-signing to post-closing.
- Coordination of due diligence, integration and post-closing matters.
- Partner with Business Development, Operations, Tax, Accounting and Cross-Functional Legal teams to execute transactions and integrate acquired assets/companies.
- Support intricate M&A negotiation and complex strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate and time-manage outside corporate counsel and internal staff.
- Draft, review and negotiate miscellaneous M&A, corporate and real estate contracts.
- Prioritize deal demands.
- Report deal status to Senior Management, inclusive of Officers.
- Other project and duties as assigned.
- Works with Talent Acquisition to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ a talented and diverse group of high performing team members.
- Provide oversight and direction to team members in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures as deemed appropriate.
- Coaches, mentors and develops team members, including overseeing new team member onboarding and providing career development planning and growth opportunities as deemed appropriate.
- Empowers team members to take ownership of their job and goals. Delegates responsibilities as needed and provide routine constructive feedback on performance.
- Creates a culture that is consistent with the organizations focus on team member engagement and that aligns with the organizations mission, vision and core values.
- Leads team members using a performance management and development focused approach to assist in goal setting, two-way feedback, and performance development planning as deemed appropriate.
- Leads team members to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Law degree.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a law firm or in-house for a multinational company with a dedicated M&A Legal Group.
- Prior success and 3+ years’ experience in Mergers & Acquisitions is essential.
- Related experience with cross-border transactions, strongly preferred.
- Related experience in joint ventures negotiations and capital investments strongly preferred.
- Wireless industry knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and intermediate proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to read, write and communicate professionally in English and Spanish required. Ability to read, write and communicate professionally in English, Spanish and Portuguese is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret legal documents and financial reports.
- Ability to respond to formal inquiries and notices.
- Attention to detail. Ability to develop accurate written materials.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or Board of Directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply those concepts in spreadsheet analysis, report generation and decision making recommendations.
- Ability to apply principles of legal and logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret abstract and concrete ideas.
- Ability to self-prioritize matters based on time, urgency and importance.
- Ability to apply concepts consistently.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Licensed to practice Law in the U.S. or ability to be licensed to practice Law as a Florida in-house counsel.
- Valid Government Issues Passport.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, include:
- Ability to travel by ground or air up to 15% as deemed appropriate.
- Ability to adapt moderately to different time zones, as needed, given the multinational nature of the job.
- Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
- Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
- Ability to stand, walk and sit.
- Sitting 90% of the day.
- Ability to respond verbally in an understandable, professional manner in person and over the telephone.
- Manual dexterity to input data into the computer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Office/cubicle work environment.
- Moderate noise level.
Legal Compliance and Audit