Counselor / Full-Time / Days
Chestnut Health Systems
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time, 12 Month Clinician to provide therapy services to students within the community at a school district in the McLean County area.
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus!
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Conduct diagnostic and assessment evaluations with clients and their families, and appropriately identify diagnosis and patient placement criteria, with guidance and oversight as required.
- Plan and implement evidence-based counseling/treatment for clients to help address behavioral health issues, with guidance and oversight as required.
- Develop Initial and Master Treatment Plans (ITP and MTP) and determine continuing care plans, with guidance and oversight as required.
- Provide individual, family, and group counseling and rehabilitation services to clients and their families (all levels, including advanced or specialized therapy skills), with guidance and oversight as required. Clinical functions are determined by individual training, experience, and assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provide support for students in the school system who may simultaneously be involved in substance abuse treatment (OP/IOP) and/or who are returning to school after residential treatment; interact with treatment professionals to assist in transition
- Provide students, parents, and school personnel with education and support related to mental health issues or substance use and other identified concerns.
- Obtain appropriate permissions and/or consents for youth/students.
- Conduct classroom presentations, group sessions, and/or other trainings as requested by schools or referral sources.
- Engage with school personnel to promote the SBS program and work to continuously improve services to students, school, and community.
- Maintain records of clients and services provided to enable Chestnut to bill third party payers, as required by the program.
- Must have a Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work or related field.
- Eligibility for Illinois licensure of LCSW, LCPC or LMFT required.
- Must be licensed within two (2) years from date of hire.
- Good organizational and communication skills required (oral and written).
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat. Prefer experience with an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, private automobile insurance, and must meet qualifications for agency auto insurance coverage.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut's background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled