1 day ago
Los Angeles, CA
The Substance Use Disorder Counselor 1I is responsible for providing outpatient treatment services to participants suffering from substance use disorder or who are at risk. The counselor ensures coordination of care and works with staff in the provision of comprehensive service delivery.
1. Coordination of intakes/assessments
2. Coordination of treatment plans/discharges
3. Provide case management and care coordination to all participants
4. Facilitates group counseling session
5. Provides UA Testing
6. Reviews charts and documentation to ensure compliance with Title 22 and contract requirements
7. Provides medi-cal billing
8. Develops of monthly group schedules
9. Attend case conferences and complete case conference notes for each client
10. Prepares group material utilizing evidenced based practices of CBT and Motivational Interviewing
11. Monitors progress on treatment plans
12. Participates in peer reviews
13. Participates in weekly supervision
14. Completes required annual hours of training
15. Participates in agency/program performance and quality assurance projects
16. Adheres to agency safety protocols
17. Provides field based services
1. Certified Counselor (CCAPP, CADTP)
2. Valid California driver’s license and insurable driving record.
3. Live Scan fingerprinting clearance for FBI, DOJ and CAI.
4. Health screening clearance.
5. Demonstrates ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
6. Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
PHYSICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Must have the visual, physical and technical ability to independently operate a variety of office equipment including the use of a computer.
2. Must be capable of bending, stooping, filing, lifting of at least 25 lbs and able to interrupt physical altercations
3. Must have the ability to verbally communicate well with others
1. Interfaces with all levels of management, staff, clients, residents and families including partner agencies.
Eggleston Youth Centers, Inc. is an equal opportunity and drug free employer.