The Mortgage Loan Originator meets with consumers to take mortgage loan applications, counsels consumers about the various types of mortgage loans, and coordinates the processing and closing of consumer loans. Promotes and sells all types of bank services to new and existing consumers by answering questions and referring them to other department associates for specialized services. The Mortgage Loan Originator must have a solid working knowledge of mortgage lending guidelines for conventional conforming, non-conforming and government loans. They must also be familiar with and able to adhere to all policies and procedures required to successfully disclose, process and close loan transactions. The Mortgage Loan Originator position requires self-motivation, excellent communication skills, customer service commitment and diligence to ensure a positive lending experience. Originators must also have a general working knowledge of other pertinent positions within the lending division and be able to work with these internal consumers in such a way that it creates a positive, respectful and courteous work place atmosphere.
This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of employment. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) can provide information about the requirements for registration.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Monitor the processing, approval process and closing of loans
* Work with consumers, real estate agents, appraisers and all internal and external consumers in an efficient and respectful manner
* Accurately record application information in MORvision, credit reports online, analyze financing options and communicate best scenarios for each individual's situation
* Run automated underwriting engines in order to determine documentation needed to complete the application process
* Issue timely and accurate disclosures
* Collect documentation needed for processing of a loan, collect applicable fees, lock rates, order appraisals and properly prepare each loan file in a complete and orderly fashion so as to expedite the approval and closing process
* Ensure loans meet investor requirements and division profitability requirements
* Officer must be able to resolve issues that may arise during the loan process in a professional and organized manner, which in turn will enhance the reputation of Cadence Bank as a whole
* Work closely with all mortgage operations staff, both external and internal consumers as well as vendors relative to the mortgage banking industry
* Manage loan pipeline and update loan status/information regularly to ensure accuracy of mortgage reporting
* Develop external referral sources (realtors, builders, etc.)
* Develop relationships with Line of Business partners to establish/enhance channel for referrals
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel
* Perform all job functions in compliance with the requirements of Banking Laws and Regulations
* College degree or commensurate experience required.
* Minimum two years of mortgage loan FHA, VA and Conventional origination experience with multiple investors, with excellent references in positions worked, as well as a good standing reputation within the community.
* Verifiable established relationships with mortgage referral sources in the real estate and professional industries
* Must have experience in Fannie Mae Desktop Originator, Freddie Mac Loan Prospector and online credit reporting agencies. Work closely with all mortgage operations staff, both external and internal consumers as well as vendors relative to the mortgage banking industry
* Must have knowledge of investor guidelines and appraisal requirements
* Depth of knowledge of various income calculations required
* Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
* Interpersonal, problem solving, organization and effective communication skills as well as independent decision making ability are required.
* MORvision experience a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Cadence Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Cadence Bank is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled