Credit Analyst (Remote)
Santa Monica, CA
Since 2018, HMBradley has been reshaping the consumer banking experience through transparent financial products that adapt with the customers’ needs over time. We see ourselves as our customers’ long-term financial partner – their trusted resource in getting rich slowly.
In the past year, we’ve raised a $18.25 million Series A and were recognized by Business Insider as one of the best high yield checking accounts of 2021 – and we are just getting started! We’re ready to bring on more curious, customer-centric collaborators to challenge the status quo and implement disruptive ideas.
Here at HMBradley we are energized by bringing our bold ideas to life and maintain the mindset that even small wins are progress and should be celebrated. We are deeply invested in empowering our team to do great things, and have a lot of fun while doing so. If this sounds exciting to you, and you want to help build financial products people will actually want to use, we’d love to have you join us!
Some of the things you’ll get at HMBradley:
Impact: Because we’re a small team (for now) and an early stage startup, each new hire has an outsized impact on the company, culture, and product.
Geographic flexibility: We started with our headquarters in Santa Monica, CA, but nowadays our team works from almost anywhere.
Competitive perks: More on that below, but we have all the good stuff.
We are looking to bring on a Credit Analyst to manage HMBradley’s credit portfolio. This person will leverage their analytical skill set to optimize HMBradley’s credit offerings, perform risk assessments, and develop detailed reports. This analyst will be accountable to perform scenario analysis and stress testing, present findings, and partner closely with the team to make recommendations.
The analyst will be excited to challenge the status quo, collaborate with teammates, and be a partner in developing new lending products. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment, working cross functionally supporting both the credit risk and lending operations teams.
The Credit Analyst is a full time role that will report to the Head of Credit Risk and can be located either in our Santa Monica Headquarters or remote.
- Monitoring credit portfolio and macroeconomic trends to proactively drive policy changes to mitigate risk
- Partnering with Data team to drive underwriting decision automation
- Developing new credit policies for origination, account management, and collections
- Assisting with the development of new lending products
- Working with the credit bureaus to perform analyses and evaluate new credit attributes
- Forecasting delinquencies and losses
- Developing reporting and dashboards for the Credit Committee
- Opportunistically evaluate lending portfolios available for sale from other institutions
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an Analyst role
- Consumer credit risk management experience preferred
- Proficient in a scripting language (SQL, Python, R, etc)
- Familiarity with predictive modeling concepts and application of predictive models towards credit strategy
- Experience with monitoring lending portfolios, secured or unsecured, including scenario analysis and stress testing
- Understanding of credit and business risks
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, Finance, Accounting, or related is a plus but not a requirement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time-management & prioritization skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- 100% company paid health, vision, and dental coverage for employees
- Leave benefits, 401K, and unlimited PTO
- Geographic flexibility
- Regardless of location -- a dynamic, fun and fast paced work environment!
At HMBradley, we value meritocracy and believe there’s no one right path to cultivating the skills you need to succeed at a job. If you feel you’d be a good fit for this role, but your experience doesn’t quite match the description above, we encourage you to apply anyway!