Crew Leader- Underground
Fort Pierce, FL
Position Summary: The Underground Crew Leader position is a skilled position in the construction, maintenance and repair of electrical underground distribution systems.
- Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized underground work.
- Supervises crew members.
- Possesses working knowledge of leadership and management skills.
- Capable of leading and training lower skilled employees in safe and productive work procedures.
- Capable of leading and teaching underground services, infrastructure and duct banks.
- Conducts pre-job or tailgate briefings.
- Possess a working knowledge of all aspects of underground distribution.
- Troubleshoots problems on underground circuit.
- Frequently works with energized high voltage systems requiring skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others.
- Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
- Comply with company reporting procedures and complete required company paperwork.
- Coordinates and inspects the work of crew members.
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor.
- Able to identify primary and secondary voltage on a circuit.
- Must be familiar with induced voltage.
- Possesses knowledge of tools for terminating cable.
- Understands grounding procedures.
- Understands how to obtain a one shot on a reclosure.
- Capable of working in confined spaces.
- Capable of properly installing and removing PPE and cover up.
- Understands grounding procedures.
- Capable of testing and classifying soil.
- Understands how to safely operate equipment.
- Understands how to phase out a line using phasing sticks.
- Capable of planning safe work based on a job print or work order.
- Understands sloping and shoring requirements.
- Possesses a working knowledge of ladder requirements.
- Able to properly ask for and take line clearances.
- Possesses a working knowledge of line protection devices.
- Able to properly inspect rubber goods and PPE.
- Able to identify and locate puller and tensioner setups.
- Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
- Able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
- Understands flag and tag procedures.
- Possesses a CDL and demonstrates safe driving.
- Able to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
- Able to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside, frequently in inclement weather.
- Willing to work over-time when requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; and reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
- Customer Oriented
- Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
VA Approved Apprenticeship Program – GI Bill Benefits Available to Eligible Veterans
Pike is a Non-union Company