The Crew Supervisor assists the General Manager and Managers in the operations of the theater. Main duties include shift management, training employees, handling guest complaints, shift deposits, and completing nightly closing paperwork and duties. This is an hourly position that carries building keys.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deploy Team Members to appropriate stations and assigns primary and secondary duties.
- Provide follow-up to ensure employees are completing tasks properly and in appropriate time.
- Maintain high quality of guest service, picture presentation, guest safety and products.
- Train new and existing employees for all crew positions.
- Handle guest complaints.
- Monitor levels of prepared food for business needs.
- Monitor shift staffing needs.
- Assist in the maintenance of proper emergency, safety, and security procedures.
- Monitor employee breaks and other minor restrictions per State law.
- Complete shift deposits and shift paperwork.
- Assist Managers in marketing promotions.
- Monitor and implement food safety and sanitation.
- Work with Projection to ensure high standards of movie presentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Communication - Supervisors must clearly communicate in a professional manner with guests, vendors, coworkers and management. They must understand instructions, read written company memorandums and proactively communicate when he or she needs more direction.
Guest Service - Must consistently and quickly be able to assess, anticipate and meet multiple guests’ needs at high quality standards and evaluate customer satisfaction while projecting a mood that enhances our guests’ experience. This requires empathy and emotional intelligence above regular industry guest service standards.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Must recognize a problem when it arises and proactively resolve it using good judgement, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Initiative - Voluntarily takes the first steps to identify and address existing and potential obstacles, issues, and opportunities. Volunteers to undertake activities within his or her capability. Asks questions and gathers information prior to taking on new tasks. Seeks help where challenged in trying something new.
Interpersonal Relationships - A supervisor must adapt to different personalities of guests and coworkers without losing focus. Extreme familiarity or conflicts with coworkers often weaken a team-oriented work environment.
Leadership - Crew Supervisors must be able to delegate and assign tasks in a professional and fair manner to all ushers. Supervisors should be able to motivate employees to work efficiently and as a team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma required. Previous customer service and leadership experience required. 1-2 years of theater experience preferred.
Microsoft proficient and email savvy.
Must use logic and reasoning to identify solutions and alternatives for a successful outcome.
Must know or quickly learn general accounting and mathematical skills and point-of-sale applications on a computer. Must correctly operate various mechanical devices such as cash registers and food service equipment including but not limited to, popcorn poppers, cotton candy makers, ovens and other countertop food equipment.
- Theater operation functions are efficiently, accurately, and effectively performed in accordance with established policies and standards.
- Profit and loss budgets are within projected operating expectations.
- Good relations exist with guests. Guest problems or questions are courteously and promptly resolved.
- Good working relationships and coordination exist with team members and management.
- Company sales goals are consistently met and promotions are supported.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.