Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a PRN Crisis Intervention Specialist to provide services in both Madison and St. Clair counties, servicing the Metro East and St. Louis, MO areas.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Complete required data entry and paperwork in accordance with program and agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to opening requirements, crisis assessments, safety plans, progress notes and any other funder requirements: 100% of assessments and safety plans to be completed at the time of the service and 80% of progress notes and any other required data entry or paperwork submitted at the time of the delivery of the service, when possible, otherwise within twenty-four hours.
- Provide crisis intervention services or other appropriate services when needed, requested or assigned, that are consumer driven and meet program requirements, including helping to fill other program needs, including but not limited to, court ordered assessments, immediate access services, group services such as anger management and parenting; and case management and community support services.
- Promote the recovery model of treatment including trauma-informed care, hope, respect, empowerment, health/wellness and spirituality/connectedness by assisting consumers with regaining control over their own lives through self-directed recovery; including utilizing recovery language in all applicable documentation.
- Provide for referral, linkage and advocacy to recommended community resources especially involving needs related to crisis intervention.
- Promote positive interactions within Chestnut and with the community, especially with natural support systems, hospital, and jail and law enforcement staff, to sustain a favorable program reputation.
- Attend meetings and consumer staffings, participate in program development activities and provide support and backup to other team members as necessary, including: Attending and ensuring supporting documentation of 100% of monthly, required Rule 132 supervision if not a LPHA, and attending all mandatory Chestnut trainings and CEU requirements if applicable.
- Provide after hours, on-call, and crisis intervention services, as assigned.
- Complete crisis specific documentation demonstrating clinical competency within legal confines, including but not limited to petitions, certifications, safety plans, risk assessments and data collection.
- Conduct Rule 132 supervision to MHP level staff, when assigned by the supervisor.
- Assume leadership roles on a regular basis with little to no guidance and oversight.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and consumer information.
- Provide other duties as assigned, required or specifically negotiated with supervisor.
- Must have a master’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work or related field with at least 1,000 hours of supervised mental health experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This part-time position includes eligibility for our retirement savings plan with company match, and employee assistance program.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE - Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled