RAYUS Radiology, formerly Insight Imaging, is looking for a CT Technologist to join our Arlington, VA team. As a CT Technologist, you will operate a computed tomography (CT) scanner to produce images of the patient's body for diagnostic purposes. This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible role working Monday-Friday 8 AM-4:30 PM with one weekend shift per month working 8 AM-4 PM. We are offering a $2,500 Sign-On Bonus for this role.
You'll be part of a team providing a wide range of screening, diagnostic and interventional procedures with compassion and integrity to ensure the highest quality, access, service and value to our patients, referring providers and partners. You'll play an important part of that process by taking a patient centered approach, you will provide technical support to CT services, assuring that services are provided within professional standards and with excellent customer service. Each patient comes to our centers looking for answers. You will guide patients through this sometimes difficult process by kindly talking them through the steps and answering their questions and concerns regarding exam procedures and process.
Creates a positive experience for every customer, every day by believing in and practicing our core values of accountability, compassion, drive, excellence, and integrity.
(80%) Patient Imaging
- Performs routine and advanced CT procedures on designated portions of the body for use by physicians in the diagnosing and treating of patient illness and/or injury with minimal amount of supervision or repeats
- Screens patient before exam for any precautions or contradictions pertaining to examination
- Explains and prepares patients for CT procedures that will be performed, explaining the procedure, positioning patients so that the parts of the body can be appropriately scanned and providing patient support by talking to patients throughout procedure
- Adjusts scan parameters correctly and as needed, utilizing dose reduction techniques as appropriate
- Maintains positive attitude and working relationships with radiologist, referring customers and other associates and peers
- Converses with doctors, nurses, patients and family members as required
- Follows physicians' orders precisely and conforms to safety regulations to protect themselves, their patients, and coworkers
- Accurately maintains patient records within Radiology Information System (RIS)
- Maintains an orderly and clean work area promoting good safety habits for patients and co-workers
- Maintains ACR toolkit and accreditation requirements
- Maintains equipment in good working order; cleans and disinfects equipment after each use
- Assists with maintaining an updated CT protocol manual and software upgrades
- Monitors medical supply inventory and orders supplies as necessary
- Assists with training of new associates, providing resource and technical expertise
(5%) Completes other tasks as assigned
- ARRT registered technologist, current and in good standing
- Graduate of the American Medical Association (AMA) approved school of radiography
- Licensed Radiological Technologist in the appropriate state, if applicable
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Must have training and experience sufficient to competently perform radiographic procedures independently
- CT certification
Be a part of something bigger -- join our team in transforming lives through remarkable service. RAYUS Radiology is a national provider network of medical imaging and related services. Through our collection of partnerships, we deliver our trademark customer service and high-quality services to enhance patient care in more than 35 states, offering a wide range of screening, diagnostic and interventional procedures that complement each community's needs.
Insight is an EO Employer/Vets/Disabled
Employment Type: Full Time