Custodial Shift Supervisor - NRG Park - Facility Services
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what youâ€™re pursuing â€” a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work â€” our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://careers.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.Description:
Job Summary: To assist management in maintaining or improving cleanliness quality through inspections, training and employee accountability, including employee counseling or disciplining. Supervisors must build upon established employee or customer relationships, improve employee morale, and help develop subordinates on a continuous basis.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily inspections for quality and safety. Make necessary corrections.
- Understand all employee work assignments and schedule for adequate coverage.
- Conduct training and retraining as necessary. Follow recommended training process.
- Maintain effective business relationship with staff. Build upon and develop employee satisfaction and knowledge.
- Enforce department policies, follow up on daily assignments, and conduct counseling or disciplinary action.
- Maintain loyalty and honesty with employees, peers, customers and managers.
- Monitor special projects and on-call or new employees.
- Tour areas of responsibilities at least 2-4 times daily. Initiate or ensure corrective action is taken.
- Audit building keys, pagers, and payroll on a daily basis.
- Ensure all projects, maintenance, or cleaning challenges are communicated effectively for resolution.
- Control supply inventories and distribute equipment effectively.
- Supervise equipment performance and make necessary corrections.
- Assist in performing employee performance evaluations and make recommendations on employee performance ratings.
- Observe and report the need of furniture or other building fixtures repairs.
- When necessary, complete custodial work assignments.
- In case of emergency, perform all duties as assigned.
- Provide functional/operational support to work area as essential personnel during times of emergency, catastrophe, inclement weather, etc.
- Complete all other assigned tasks by management in which the employee is capable of performing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be physically able to lift, lower, push and pull objects up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to stand, climb, bend, stoop and crouch for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to initiate and maintain good customer and co-worker relationships in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to follow oral or written instructions and directions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both written and verbal skills.
- Bi-lingual preferred (English and Spanish).
- Must have the ability to supervise others, demonstrate "quality customer service", and good human relations skills.
- Pays special attention to detail.
About the Company
We focus on enriching and nourishing the lives of millions all over the world, providing a wide range of services—food, facilities and uniforms—to a diverse group of clients in 19 countries. We serve world champion sports teams, Fortune 500 companies, state-of-the-art healthcare providers and the world’s leading educational institutions. And every day, we dream of ways to do it better through our commitment to innovation and our passion for excellent customer service.
Innovation inspired by you
The better we know the people we serve, the greater the experiences we can develop. Whether it’s food service, facilities or uniforms, our proprietary programs allow us to understand the wants and needs of our audiences.
Armed with that knowledge, our Service Stars spring into action, combining insights and ingenuity to deliver moments that make a difference. These innovations could be game-changing campus transformations. Or a simpler, quicker way for you to access condiments at the ballpark. In any case, our innovations help create experiences that make an impact.
Beyond great service
Another key part of what makes us different is something we call service excellence.
To us, service excellence isn’t just about providing great customer service. It also means using time-tested practices and proven processes to get it right every day, everywhere, in everything that we do. And it's also about striking the perfect balance between doing something well over and over again and being responsive enough to the changing needs of clients and customers. It’s being open to the continuing cycle of innovation. Excellent, but never satisfied. Process-driven, but never locked in place.
We never stop thinking of new, better ways to get it right when our people impact the lives of clients and consumers every day.
Our people make all the difference—we make sure of it
Our commitment to hiring, training and rewarding the right people ensures that our employees are more than just hard workers. They’re Service Stars, and that means they can be counted on to go above and beyond, every single day.
We understand that many times our people are literally the face of your business. That’s why all 270,000 Service Stars receive continual access to professional development and proprietary skills training.
The bottom line is this: when you work with Aramark, you can be confident you’ll be collaborating with the right people with the right skills and the right attitude. That’s true whether it’s for strategic expertise, operational excellence or just serving a morning coffee. That’s our commitment as trusted partners and Service Stars. That’s the Aramark way.