APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
Primary responsibility is to work with a team in providing a high level of cleanliness for campus.
- High school graduate or equivalent experience and education.
- Six months of janitorial or building maintenance work is required.
- Position requires a valid California Driver's License.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Sweeps, scrubs, and mops floors.
- Dust furniture.
- Replenish restroom supplies.
- Empties and cleans waste receptacles.
- Cleans whiteboards.
- Cleans windows and walls.
- Cleans restrooms and other facilities as assigned.
- Cleans elevators and stairwells.
- Maintains custodial supply areas and equipment.
- Observes safety hazards, maintenance problems, and equipment defects.
- May do minor repair work on building equipment and facilities.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and equipment.
- Must have the necessary skills to do on the job training with student workers.
- Skilled in the use of the following equipment/machinery: vacuum; wet/dry vacuum; carpet extractor; hi-speed floor machine 1500 rpm; side by side floor machine 700 rpm.
- Ability to follow oral/written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relations with supervisor, fellow workers, and students.
- Must be able to communicate in English with the ability to relay instructions from the supervisor to student workers.
- Able to complete tasks efficiently within a designated time frame.
- Ability to learn procedures and retain information.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Ability to perform manual tasks requiring moderate strength using equipment/machinery as listed above.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, grasp, and climb.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Availability to drive a campus vehicle.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Subject to hazards of machinery, equipment, and exposure to chemicals.
- Conditions that could affect skin or respiratory system - fumes, odors, dust, or poor ventilation.
- At times performing tasks in high heat or cold conditions.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Grade 4: $14.64 - $19.03/hourly.
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here:http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates, including a DMV check.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.