Heart to Home Meals (HTHM) is an established brand in Canada and is now expanding its operations into the US. The firm provides healthy and nutritious meals to thousands of seniors who enjoy the convenience and variety of having delicious meals delivered direct to their freezer.
The role of our customer services adviser is critical to the success of our business.
Our customers are predominantly over 75 years of age and rely upon our friendly staff to take their orders over the phone, deal with queries and always deliver outstanding customer service.
The defining characteristics of our customer services advisers are that they’re organised and efficient. However, apart from the technical skills that are required with the role, the most important attributes are that we demonstrate empathy, patience, kindness, friendliness, care and warmth to all our customers.
The role involves the taking of customer orders, and also the making of outbound courtesy calls.
These calls are particularly important as many customers live alone and the phone calls they receive are often the only contact they may have in a single day. As such, many customers become very attached to their “friends” at Heart to Home Meals.
The ultimate goal is to provide a service to our customers that exceed expectations while at the same time continuously improving efficiencies.
- Responsible for the taking of telephone orders and making outbound calls to customers and prospects.
- To ensure each customer is provided with “exemplary” service on each telephone call or contact.
- To update customer records and liaise with customer relatives as required.
- To ensure customers’ needs are met, ensuring they know how to cook, store and re-order the meals as necessary.
- Prepare promotional literature as required and communicate details of new products or promotions to customers.
- To share best practices with colleagues in an effort to continuously improve our service proposition.
- To actively take an interest in the products we sell and promote the benefits of HTHMhealthy and nutritious meals to all our customers
- Perform administrative duties including but not limited to:
- Oversee support services
- Coordinating office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Keep stock of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for the upper management
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of a customer service role
- Confident IT user - must be a proficient user of Microsoft suite of applications (Excel, Word etc)
- Confident telephone manner
- Able to pay attention to detail and be accurate in your work
- Numerate and good written English;
- Able to work to deadlines
- Have worked in the elderly/care market
- Experience of working in a team environment
As one of our team you will be focused on excellent customer service with a caring and empathetic nature. You will demonstrate a real interest in people and be able to communicate effectively with members of the public and their families.
- This is a “people” focused role and requires individuals who enjoy engaging with a wide variety of elderly customers.
- To take an active interest in getting to know every customer and become a trusted friend.
- A good listener, you’ll be able to treat every customer as an individual.
- To have a very clear telephone voice where you can adapt your style to meet the needs of every customer.
- Ability to communicate and relate to people at all levels.
- Ability to work under own initiative, plan own day, manage own time.
- To act as a link for delivery team and customers if any problems arise during a delivery round.
- To be able to learn our in house computer systems, manage the taking of orders, round sequencing and database management for prospects, current or lapsed customers.
- To enjoy working as a team member and to be passionate about promoting the HTHM product range and service proposition
- Flexible approach to work content and willingness to help with other areas of the business as and when the occasion arises.
Covid Office Measures:
Perspex screens between the desks in the main office
Wall mounted touchless hand-sanitizers
Mandatory wearing of masks whilst moving around the office
6ft+ desk seat spacing in accordance with CDC recommendations
Full-time / Part-time
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply
Benefits: Dental insurance, Health insurance, Paid time off, Vision insurance