Graphic Packaging International
Perform manual and machine operator tasks related to the set-up, maintenance, and operations of the Die Cutter.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Make-ready, adjust, and run job as efficiently as possible to meet safety and productivity standards.
- Examine job order to determine quantity to be cut, stock specifications, and special die cutting instructions
- Examine cutting dies for visual defects and apply correcting solution to repair minor defects
- Make necessary adjustments to ensure quality
- Ensure information is communicated between shifts
- Ensure Company Safety, Quality, and Production standards are met
- Perform proper and required maintenance as well as cleaning of Die Cutter
- Maintenance duties include stooping under machinery, entering confined spaces and climbing ladders.
- Must input information into computer for proper tracking of inventory and waste.
- Occasional bending, reaching, twisting and stooping
- Occasional squatting and kneeling for cleaning and clearing jams
Job Requirements/ Qualifications:
- 3 years direct Die Cutting experience (preferably within the folding carton industry) or 3-5 years’ experience with the equipment as a Production Assistant within a folding carton plant
- Strong mechanical aptitude/skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand technical written and verbal instructions
- Strong computer and math skills required
- Ability to accurately distinguish color variation
- Must be able to work other shifts if needed and perform overtime work as required.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Frequent lifting (up to 75 pounds), bending and turning
- Prior folding carton experience preferred
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
About the Company
Graphic Packaging International
As one of the largest global manufacturers of unbleached paperboard, coated recycled board, folding cartons, microwave packaging and machinery, we combine market-specific expertise and innovative thinking to create inspired packaging.
At Graphic Packaging International, we continue to set new standards for our industry, always looking ahead to help our customers meet changing consumer demands and their business goals. Our mission of providing nature-based, renewable packaging improves the environment for us all -- that’s why the world’s leading consumer and commercial brands are drawn to us.
We design smart and attractive packaging that stands out in the highly competitive retail marketplace, but that’s just the beginning. Our global capabilities, systems expertise and packaging solutions deliver value to our customers on many levels: Optimizing the supply chain. Improving sustainability metrics. Stretching marketing dollars. Boosting sales. Building brand loyalty.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Graphic Packaging has over 13,500 employees working in over 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and Australasia. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
Are you ready to make a world of difference? Please review the following employment opportunity and learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.