CYBER SECURITY ANALYST - INCIDENT RESPONSE (JBSA-20-1916-W):
Bowhead seeks a Cyber Security Analyst - Incident Response to support the AFCERT DCO HAC contract in San Antonio, TX.
The ability of the 33 NWS to complete its mission is dependent upon accurate, timely and thorough conduct of network traffic analysis and log analysis to evaluate intruder activities utilizing host and network‐based monitoring and system logs. Correlate information gathered to provide the 33 NWS effective methods to protect AF networks and associated domains and enclaves related to the 33 NWS ACD weapon system for mission execution.
Will utilize a wide range of security tools, dashboards, including advanced threat detection, SIEM technology, web‐filtering, and other related tools. Comply with 3rd party MOU/MOA monitoring and reporting requirements. Determine probability of exploitation of discovered network vulnerabilities. Ensure appropriate notification and action are taken to reduce and mitigate risk to all AF networks, domains and enclaves. Upon identification of suspicious activity on AF networks, open network intrusion investigation(s) to validate the unauthorized activity and determine the type and extent of activity.
• Provide OJT to other contractors, military, and/or civilian personnel, and maintain continuity folders/working aids in order to ensure efficient transition when personnel rotate.
• Create and document metrics for reporting and analysis to improve weapon system processes and mission execution.
• Maintain currency on latest industry trends and provide operational reports/assessments for development of tactics, techniques, and procedures.
Bowhead seeks to network with qualified individuals relative to a potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Please click the link at the bottom of this posting to apply for consideration. Incumbent employees are encouraged to respond. No solicitations or third party applications will be accepted.
• 5+ years knowledge of network firewalls, computer and server log analysis, computer network servers (DNS, proxy, e‐mail, domain controller, file server, Active Directory) and analysis of their logs; extensive knowledge of digital evidence collection, handling and security
• Experience with computer incident response and analysis and report dissemination;
• Knowledge and experience with network packet capture and analysis software such as WireShark (Ethereal) and Snort;
• Experience with standard DoD network topology and DMZ boundary protection;
• Experience with system analysis software (i.e. EnCase/EnCase Enterprise or FTK), software coding and debugging, and the virtual machine (VM) environment.
• Extensive knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK framework, and its uses within the cybersecurity community (e.g., Open Source projects)
• IAT Level III CND compliance.
• GCFE or GCFA.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Top Secret/SCI level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Top Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: