At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
If you are a Cybersecurity Professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Austin, Texas location, you will be responsible to continue to develop Emerson’s industry leading capabilities in cybersecurity across the entire Systems and Software organization. The role will work with multiple business units to ensure all customer offerings, development practices and support capabilities adhere to cybersecurity best practices. The wide range of businesses within the Systems and Software group will require tailoring the approach and priorities for each business.
As the Cybersecurity Leader for Systems and Software, you will:
- Familiarize yourself with the key products, services and support offerings of each business at a high level, and what cybersecurity risks are most important to each business.
- Facilitate the discussion within each team on reviewing past audits and assessments, and then prioritizing the next improvements for that business. The improvements might include new industry standards or market expectations, product capabilities, training or service capabilities. It may also involve organizational changes to clearly identify responsibilities, committees or processes that need to be implemented or improved.
- Work with each business, as well as other cybersecurity teams within Emerson, to continue performing detailed audits and assessments to objectively measure cybersecurity maturity and progress, as well as identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Lead the communications plan for disseminating cybersecurity related information to channel partners and end user customers as appropriate.
- Act as the lead customer interface when appropriate, to present Emerson’s cybersecurity programs across the Systems and Software organization.
- Work with the Systems and Software executive management team to report on accomplishments, current capabilities, and investments required for continued success.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Someone who can use the knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide actions.
- Someone who establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results.
- Someone who scans the environment for new technical skills, knowledge, or capabilities that can benefit business or personal performance.
- Someone who collaborates to create teams, allowing others across the organization to achieve shared objectives.
- Someone who can effectively communicate in various settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar (Electrical or Computer Engineering Preferred). MBA desirable but not required.
- 6+ years of experience with design, implementation or support of cybersecurity solutions.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity standards, initiatives, best practices, secure development requirements, as well as auditing and assessment procedures.
- Ability to travel extensively (25-30%) within the USA, and occasionally travel internationally (pandemic and quarantine rules allowing)
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
WHY EMERSON? Our Commitment to Our People
- Familiarity or experience with process automation systems.
- Experience with cybersecurity standards and practices in either the process industries (e.g. IEC 62443) or government agencies, and certifications from qualified organizations such as (ISC)2 are a plus.
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!. Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson. Work Authorization
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire. Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to
Quality Assurance & Control