- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience working with database tools
- 3 years of programming experience using Python and C#
- 3 years of experience working with SQL server integration services or ETL tools
- 3 years of experience working with data integration tools
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working with ETL tools
- Knowledge of data integration tools
- Software programming languages, such as Python and C#
The Data Engineer works with database engineers to design, develop and maintain the infrastructure of data within the data warehouse, including setting the ETL (extract, transform, load) processes; bringing in new data sources; modifying existing data sources' making sure data is clean, complete and consumable; and designing data models within the data warehouse.
The Data Engineer works as part of one or more project teams and is responsible for designing and building mechanisms to move, integrate, cleanse and publish large-volume datasets. This is a developer role with a specialty in data and requires deep knowledge of a variety of programming languages and design patterns.
- Design and support the new and evolving sources of data being brought into the data warehouse
- Work closely with data architects and follow best practices for data management consumption
- Work closely with business analysts to work through business requirements and develop processes to provide the needed data visibility via the data warehouse and reporting platform
- Model application layer and metadata design
- Design and create automated applications and reporting solutions
- Work closely with front-end developers to ensure data is being brought in and data integrity is being maintained
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance issues on the data warehouse servers
Who We Are
Rock Central is a Detroit-based professional services company obsessed with delivering innovative, effective solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients. From legal and finance to technology and public relations, our expertise spans from executive consulting all the way to tactical implementation. We thrive at the intersection of people, process and technology and empower our partners to unleash the maximum potential of their business through unmatched partnership and the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. From the smallest venture to the largest enterprises, we believe having an impact is never a question – it’s part of our DNA.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.