Do you have a passion for learning about cutting edge statistic and machine learning methodology to solve real-world business problems, while ensuring the highest quality implementation standards?
KYM Advisors is seeking a Data Scientist to help our Federal client in facilitating and maturing a Data Analytics program within an Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO). This involves ensuring that strategy and vision of the Office of Chief Data Officer (OCDO) is delivered within expectations in the Washington, DC/Camp Springs, Maryland area.
- Independently and as part of a project team, develops data science solutions that are highly performant, scalable, repeatable, effective, and meet the requirements and expectations of the business decision-makers and stakeholders.
- Identifies, recommends, implements, tests, and delivers analytical methodology to resolve, collect, process, and analyze large data sets for data analytics projects as defined by organizational strategy and priorities.
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative analyses and provides data-driven recommendations that may significantly affect the content, interpretation, or development of major organizational programs and policies.
- Develops polished, high-impact persuasive data outputs and presentations that enable strategic decision-making.
- Advises and assists with the build out of data ingestion and pipeline processes for innovative data science platforms using best practices and open source tools alongside project teams including data engineers.
- Meets with stakeholders and project teams to promote the identification, development, and use of innovative data science and advanced analytics technique across the organization.
- Works with a variety of business and technical stakeholders including executive, product, data, and information technology teams to intake requirements, provide progress updates, troubleshoot, and generally support their needs.
- Takes a forward-thinking approach with interest in highlighting internal process improvement with respect to automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, improving infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, Engineering, or other related quantitative disciplines
- 3+ years of experience working with large and varying data sets, applying qualitative and quantitative analysis to interpret data
- Experience delivering advanced analytics solutions (data science, machine learning, data modeling, etc.) including infrastructure considerations (e.g., data engineering processes)
- Experience with Graph databases like Neo4j or GraphFrames
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and technical writing skills with the ability to effectively communicate data and methodologies with business audiences
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data sets to determine trends, establish key takeaways, and drive decisions.
- Due to COVID-19, certain on-site client work has been suspended until further notice, however, some on-site work is expected to be required for this position in the future
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a government suitability clearance.
- Current DHS clearance or prior government agency security clearance
- Experience with Databricks strongly preferred
- Experience with graph processing libraries (such as GraphFrames) supporting general graph processing
- 2+ years’ experience in machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI), and/or natural language processing (NLP)
- Experience with Tableau
- Federal government consulting and/or contracting experience
- Experience working within an Agile and/or Scrum environment
- A deep understanding of data science and machine learning best practices, development processes, and leading platforms (Databricks, SAS, Anaconda, Alteryx, etc.) and technologies (Apache Spark, Spark SQL, Python, PySpark, Scala, etc.) nice-to-have
- Experience maturing advanced analytics within an organization through a variety of approaches including standardized metrics, enterprise-wide automation efforts, and data education, training, and literacy initiatives nice-to-have
- Experience with SAS nice-to-have
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Life and AD&D insurance
- 401K Plan with employer match