Data Scientist – Meteorology
We are looking for Data Scientist with experience in Meteorology for our Renewable Power Forecasting team who has a strong background in weather prediction data, data mining, numerical weather forecasting, meteorology, extracting and interpolating weather features, statistical prediction, and machine learning. The eligible candidate should have development experience in modern data analytics tools including, but not limited to Python, Spark, R, and related packages such as TensorFlow and Scikit in cloud environments such as AWS. This position is a global search and can be a remote candidate.
What you'll do:
What you'll bring:
- You will be expected to research, develop, and deliver advanced analytics models to predict short- and long-term renewable generation forecasts from solar plants and wind turbines.
- Design, develop and deploy machine learning code that ingests historical and real time sensor data and produces operational forecasts of real power.
- Model predictive analytics based on the real-world problem in particular with multi-variate time-series data.
- Technical experience in: Statistical modeling, predictive analytics, forecasting, ECMWF, GFS, and other Global Weather Models, WRF modeling
- Tool experience in: Python (Pandas, Scikit, TensorFlow), R, Gitlab
- Backend Experience: Hadoop, HBase, Time-series database
- Soft Skills: Team collaboration, Good Communication Skills
- Experience in building/delivering analytics solution for the real-world problems
- Academic Qualification & certification: Degree of Master of Science with 3-4 years electrical engineering, computer science or related field.
- Year of Experience: 4 years, preferably background in numerical weather forecasting and/or meteorology