AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
We are currently in the process of building a Data Science/Predictive Analytics division within AmTrust from the ground up. Given the unique nature of this start-up, the visibility and opportunites are endless.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with quantitative focus in Econometrics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or related field (e.g. Mathematics) and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience (including working towards a Masters degree) in Statistical/Quantitative Modeling and/or Machine Learning tools (R, Python, etc) and in using various database tools (e.g. Hadoop, SQL) processing large volumes of structured and unstructured data.
- Relevant experience in Statistical/Quantitative Modeling and/or Machine Learning tools and in using various database tools processing large volumes of structured and unstructured data
- A minimum of 2-4 years experience with mathematical model creation and/or evaluation, hypothesis testing and experimental design.
- Demonstrated skills in data mining, machine learning, programming, dynamic optimization
- Experience in thought leadership in applying data driven models that had a tangible impact on business
- Ability to query databases and apply advanced data manipulation techniques across multiple sources
- Passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to understand and articulate the “big picture” and simplify complex ideas
- Solid project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight and potentially changing deadlines in a high-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong problem solving and structuring skills; ability to mine large datasets and surface actionable insights.