***PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY*** HIRING DEPARTMENT:
DAY CAMP COUNSELOR II
East Bay Explorers Program
Parks & Recreation PROGRAM:
"East Bay Explorers" (11 – 14 year old youth program) WORK LOCATION:
Willow Pass Community Center, 2748 East Olivera Road, Concord, 94519 DATES:
Staff Training: Select dates/times between June 1, 2021 - June 5, 2021
Camp Runs: June 7, 2021 - August 6, 2021HOURS:
Vary between 7:30 a.m. – 6:15 p.m.
Approximately 20-35 hours per week SALARY RANGE:
$15.60 per hour FINAL FILING DATE:
until filledTHE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal "East Bay Explorers" Summer Day Camp Counselor II, possesses:
- The experience, skills and ability to be a team leader working with 11 – 14 year olds;
- Effective communication skills with youth, parents and coworkers;
- Good customer service skills with youth, parents and coworkers; and
- Knowledge of how to lead creative children's games, art, recreational activities and sports.
As a Counselor II, you will:
- Assist in planning, organizing, and leading activities in crafts, nature, group games, sports and STEM activities.
- Enthusiastically prepare, conduct and actively participate in camp activities, trips and swim days.
- Work together with team members to implement camp programs including local excursions, swimming, barbecues, sports, games, art, cooking projects and contests.
- Be an excellent role model and mentor for youth ages 11 to 14 years old.
For more program information, please visit
Job Type: Part Time
Location: Willow Pass Community Center, California
Agency: Parks & Recreation