Experience operational excellence. Real investment in personal and professional development. And an ability to make real and beneficial change. The Distribution Centers at Ulta Beauty are a place where lived values meet next-generation advancements to create competitive advantage few can match.
If you want to learn in a supportive and ever-evolving environment. If you value managers who aren’t afraid to lead by rolling up their sleeves. If you seek stability, growth opportunities and the rewards that come with industry leadership, apply your talents and passions in ways that take us to even greater heights.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The DC Operations Manager at Ulta Beauty leads cross-functional teams of non-exempt associates to improve processes, achieve financial and operational excellence and deliver superior returns for retail, operational and service-related industry and E-Commerce functions. You will have primary responsibility for managing and implementing operational upgrades while maximizing all aspects of people, process and performance to achieve service excellence. The ability to partner cross-functionally and influence across all levels of the organization is essential to success in this role.
YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
- Championing/modeling Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision and values
- Influencing accountability to plan, execute and achieve objectives that align with company strategy for growth and profit
- Identifying patterns and anticipating business needs that will drive performance
- Delivering efficient and effective solutions that meet the constraints of time, cost and scope
- Identifying strategic trade-offs between store labor, inventory availability and upstream expenses
- Measuring the effect of process changes and accurately quantifying the impact
- Collaborating cross-functionally to launch new initiatives and track/analyze performance
- Raising awareness of process change impacts throughout the enterprise
- Facilitating proactive change management to all levels of the organization impacted by project rollouts
- Influencing key stakeholders to achieve results in an autonomous manner
- Determines the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow and recommending methods for maximum asset/people utilization
- Recommending methods for improving associate efficiency and reducing waste of time and effort (e.g., restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, job setup and related)
- Participating in training and testing for new systems and processes as part of implementation plan
- Leading/executing best practices to promote associate engagement and enablement
- Partnering with leadership to build culture action plans that best align to our people strategies and business initiatives
- Identifying ways to build/implement talent capabilities at all levels while identifying opportunities for training and development
- Planning and driving operational non-exempt staffing needs
- Leading building-wide performance management plans in partnership with leadership team
- Participating in talent calibration, culture survey action planning, goal setting and rollout, performance review consultation, and IDP creation/execution
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
Qualified candidates will be high-energy and driven professionals who possess strong leadership/team building skills and demonstrated knowledge of distribution and E-Commerce operations in a retail environment. Additional requirements include:
- The ability to lead cross-functional teams with diverse goals and responsibilities
- Demonstrated skill in driving initiatives related to teams, projects and quality
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, to include trouble-shooting, prioritizing and multi-tasking
- The ability to quickly learn business processes outside one’s area of expertise
- Nimbleness, with the innovation to apply process improvement initiatives
- Strong computer skills (specifically, MS Office, WMS Application)
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required
- Work rotational, 24/7 on-call to support the operation at all hours
- Work a flexible, full-time schedule, to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Travel, including overnight stays
- Stand or sit for long periods of time
- Accept exposure to distribution center conditions, which may include loud noises, variable temperatures, a dusty environment and strong scents related to cosmetics or fragrance
- Visit stores to develop an understanding of the store experience and collaborate with field partners
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.