Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Apply Nowand move your career forward with Airgas as aDelivery Driver (CDL A)inHarrisburg, PA!
What you will do:
As the “face of Airgas”, the Delivery Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders to local and regional business customers from an Airgas branch or plant location using a company provided straight or box truck. The Delivery Driver loads, unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders while frequently interacting with Airgas customers.
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing compressed gases to customer locations. Delivers compressed gas cylinders to external and internal customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Collects empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise. Returns empty cylinders to either a plant or branch location for refilling.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Listens to and helps resolve service inquiries and complaints.
- Provides timely communication back to manager or to the customer’s assigned Airgas sales associate regarding any changes or issues experienced by the customer.
- Performs cylinder inspections per operating procedures.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents by ensuring they are properly completed and reconciled with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures that vehicle manifests, vehicle placards, cylinder labeling and load nesting and strapping at all times comply with Airgas safety standards (SAFECOR) and all government regulations including, but not limited to, those issued by the Department of Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies; ensures all safety items are in good working order.
- Strictly observes all safety rules and promptly reports any accidents or injuries to management.
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift and other warehouse equipment.
- Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
What you will need:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Class A Driver’s License.
- Valid Medical Examiner’s Card.
- Hazmat & Airbrake Certifications (or ability to acquire certifications as a condition of employment).
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class A professional driving experience within the last five (5) years and a clean driving record to include no more than two (2) convictions; OR two (2) at- fault accident in the last 3 years; OR no more than a combination of one (1) conviction andone (1) at-fault accident in the last 3 years.
- In lieu of experience, may consider accepting a diploma from an accredited driving school and a minimum of one (1) year of prior driving experience within the last five (5) years.
- Prior experience in the gas, welding and safety supply industry preferred.
- Basic PC knowledge to include familiarity with onboard computers/telematics preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Ability to clearly and effectively speak to customers and employees as well as legibly write.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in various units of measure to include whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
Safety is Our Passion. Airgas helps its drivers and the public share the roads safely so people and our product all arrive safe and sound. Airgas follows the FMSCA requirement for all motor carrier employers to run full queries of the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse database for any violations during the pre-employment process for all new CDL Driver Hires to ensure they are not prohibited from performing safety-sensitive functions. All new CDL Driver Hires must register for the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and all Airgas consent to review their Clearinghouse record.
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
“Great place to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta
“Opportunity to advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire
“Fun people to work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability