22 days ago
Our delivery driver is the face of Tire Factory Distribution. Tire Factory Distribution is a wholesale tire distributor with a 30+ years history in the Memphis community. This key customer service/delivery driver operates and maintains fleet vehicles to make deliveries of tires to our customers in the Memphis area including locations in Mississippi and Arkansas.
Tire Factory Distribution is a division of Point S Tire and Auto Service headquartered in Portland, Oregon. Point S started as Tire Factory, Inc. in 1987 in Oregon as a Member owned business to supply independent tire store owners with buying power and support for their stores. Since then we exist to make our Members successful, and to help with that we have partnered with Point S Tire and Auto Service. This gave us a global footprint in 27 countries and 3,700 retail tire stores. In the US, we currently operate a privately held Member owned company in over twenty-nine states with our corporate office in Portland and Regional Distribution Centers in Portland, Salt Lake City, Denver and Memphis.
This is a full-time position Monday – Friday with an occasional Saturday. Starting salary is $15.00 - $17.00 per hour depending on experience with benefits after a 60-day waiting period.
· Delivery tires to retail tire shops while properly handling paperwork and money.
· This is a hands-on position which does include warehouse duties, loading and unloading of trucks.
· Ensure the vehicle is fit for the road by performing and recording routine checks of lights, tires, oil, water, etc., reporting any defects, to maintain the safety of driver and goods.
· Ensure the vehicle is loaded safely for optimum efficiency and safety.
· Drive in accordance with the Highway Code regulations, and take responsibility for the vehicle, including security, and the completion of paperwork to provide a safe and efficient service.
· Maintain a clean vehicle both inside and out to provide a clean environment for other users of the vehicle.
· Provide top-notch customer service, remembering that a delivery driver is the last face a customer sees and is a direct reflection of Tire Factory Distribution.
· 2 to 3 years of delivery driving experience.
· Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
· MVR must be approved by insurance.
· Able to pass background check and drug screen including DOT medical screen.
· Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs and be comfortable doing manual labor
· Consistent work history/strong work ethic
· Must be dependable and a team player
· Strong attention to detail
Benefits include: Medical/Dental/Vision, Short and Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K plan with employer match, Paid Time Off and various AFLAC coverages. Starting pay is $15.00 - $17.00 per hour depending experience.