Position: Dental Assistant
Employee Category: Non-Exempt
Reporting Relationship: Dental Practice Administrator
Compassion â€“ Investing whatever is necessary to heal the hurts of others
Dependability- Fulfilling what I consented to do, even if it means unexpected sacrifice.
Discretion- Recognizing and avoiding words, actions, and attitudes that could bring undesirable consequences.
Flexibility- willingness to change plans or ideas without getting upset.
Gentleness- Showing consideration and personal concern for others.
Initiative- Recognizing and doing what needs to be done before I am asked to do it.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for assisting the Dentist in providing dental care to the patients of Variety Care.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for dental treatment; goes over treatment plans.
- Arranges chair side dental instruments and materials in preparation for each procedure.
- Ability to perform Four-Handed Dentistry in coordination with the Dentists.
- Sterilizes and cleans instruments.
- Takes appropriate digital X-Rays.
- Maintains dental and office equipment.
- Keeps operatory and the lab neat and aseptic always.
- Expanded functions if certification allows; (coronal polishing, sealants, N20, and X-Rays)
- Calls patient into dental clinic from patient waiting.
- Able to work at any of the Variety Care Dental locations floats to locations as directed by the Dental Practice Administrator as needed.
- Support Variety Careâ€™s accreditation as a Patient Centered Medical Home and our commitment to provide care to all Variety patients that is Safe, Effective, Patient Centered, Timely, Efficient, and Equitable. Provide leadership and work with all staff to achieve the goals of the â€œTriple Aimâ€ of healthcare reformâ€”to improve the experience of care, improve health outcomes, and decrease healthcare costs.
- Embodies the strength of personal character. Places value on being an open and honest communicator who displays high moral and ethical conduct, integrity, adaptability, and sound judgment. Must be a leader in the department and community. Result-oriented problem solver who is responsible and accountable.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements, Special Skills or Knowledge:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous Dental Assisting training and/or work experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a Dental Assistant permit from the Board of Dentistry within 30 days of beginning employment.
- Certificates preferred: Radiation Safety and Protection, Coronal Polishing and Topical Fluoride, Nitrous Oxide Application, Sealant Application.
- Organizational skills and initiative required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Trustworthy with handling confidential information.
- Ability to work in a multi-faceted, fast pace environment.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Able to assist patients in to and out of dental chair when asked or directed.
- Able to walk, bend, lift, and remain on feet for extended periods of time.