We are excited to be hiring for the open position of dental assistant. The main objective of this job is to assist the doctor with clinical procedures (in the office as well as in the hospital) necessary to provide pediatric dental care and, additionally, oral rehabilitation under general anesthesia. Other duties of this job may include learning laboratory procedures (taking impressions and sending them to the lab), helping with administrative duties and participating in marketing projects. This role requires excellent communication skills, a high level of maturity, integrity, motivation, and responsibility. Good hand-eye coordination, visual memory and judgement of space are vital. Your days will be busy, so it's important to bring plenty of energy and positivity to our young patients.
PERSONALITY STRENGTHS AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Warmth and friendliness
- Optimistic, positive
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Team player, willing to help others
- Proactive problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Enjoys learning new things and being challenged
- Timely and reliable
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Passionate about helping people
Skills in patient care:
- Setting up rooms and stocking supplies
- Taking x-rays and performing clinical procedures as directed by the Provider
- Updating the patient chart after appointments
- Patient scheduling (and assisting in the scheduling of outpatient surgeries)
- Answering phones (as needed)
- Patient check-in, covid screening, health history updates
- Verifying co-pays with front desk
- Chief complaint: inquiring regarding any changes or problems experienced by the patient and communicating pertinent patient information to the Provider.
- Providing patients with instructions for home care and demonstrating oral hygiene techniques.
- Taking patients temperatures
- Obtaining X-rays
- Hands-on assisting
- Taking impressions and related orthodontic needs for space maintenance
- Sterilizing equipment
- Preparing instruments, materials and supplies for operative visits and for oral rehabilitation at the hospital
- Wiping down rooms after each patient encounter, ensuring proper infection control
- General office duties including daily check of AED machine
- Checking inventory and reporting or ordering low stocked items, discarding expired items
- Flushing exam room lines
- Regularly cleaning X-ray unit
- Sterilization process; including maintaining log, using proper sterilization techniques
- Testing and cleaning the sterilizer as required
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) Certification
- Applicant must hold a radiology license in the state of Delaware
Required Education & Experience:
- High School/GED.
- Certificate of completion in a dental assistant program
- One (1) year of related experience, ideally in a pediatric environment
- Employment Status: Regular - Full Time
- We have one office in North Wilmington and do oral rehabilitation outpatient procedures at AI DuPont and Wilmington Hospitals. Applicants will be requested to work in all of these locations.
- 7:30 am start (lunch break at 1 pm-2pm), 5 pm finish
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- We offer a 401k, paid vacation, paid holidays
Brandywine Pediatric Dentistry is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at BPD is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products. BPD is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status. VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans.
Cover letter and resume can be sent to manager@brandywinepediatricdentistry.
Please contact our office manager with any referrals or questions.