Looking for a Dental Assistant in our Thriving Organization
One Community Health is recruiting mission driven, kind, warm hearted, and hard-working people who are dedicated to quality care and superior service. Our culture is centered around our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. We are proud of our inclusiveness and the diversity of our staff and patients.
One Community Health is poised for growth and expansion. Come join us on this journey as we become healthy together!
At One Community Health we believe healthcare isn't a privilege; it's a human right. Everyone should have the opportunity to achieve optimal health. We've made it our job to help individuals and our community lower the barrier to wellness. Our organization pushes for equality for all and for social justice for those on the margins. Our doctors and health care professionals treat people with compassion, without judgment for their personal choices and behavior. We provide a comprehensive menu of services to everyone in need, and we advocate for public awareness of such issues as the stigma surrounding mental illness and the need for healthcare for everyone. We understand the impact of trauma on one's health and are working to help people heal those wounds. When we see suffering, we try to heal it whether it be an individual in pain or a group in our community. If these are your values, then please consider joining our team.
What We Are
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) serving all those in need in the Sacramento area. We have been a level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home since 2011 and were the first to earn that designation in Sacramento. We offer Integrated, comprehensive, and supportive services to maximize health outcomes. The founding values of One Community Health were based on providing a safe and welcoming place for people who often experienced social exclusion and discrimination.
- Medical Insurance
- We offer a choice between three carriers: Sutter Plus, WHA and Kaiser Permanente.
- One Community Health pays about 90% of the Employee only premium and pays 75% of the costs for dependents or partners/spouses.
- 2 Dental plans offered through Delta Dental: PPO and DHMO
- DHMO is paid in full by employer (employee only)
- VSP Vision Insurance paid in full by employer (employee only)
- Company Paid Life, AD&D and LTD offered through Unum
- One times annual salary paid in full by employer (LIFE and AD&D)
- LTD is 60% annual salary paid in full by employer after 90 days
- Flexible Spending Plan (before-tax savings plans)
- Employee Assistance
- Supplemental Insurance through Aflac
- Up to 4% employer match at 90 days of employment
- Administrative fees and administration of plan managed and paid for by employer
- Robust PTO, Sick Time & Paid Holidays
- Additional Benefits/Extra's
- We are an eligible NHSC (National Health Service Core) approved loan repayment site and have an HPSA score of 16.
- Opportunity for Reimbursements, Bonus options and/or annual increase.
- Educational and Language Stipends: higher level of education or secondary languages
- Professional dues and/or licensure fees paid by organization as it relates to the position
- Professional training and/or conference/travel fees paid by organization
- Opportunity for Community Engagement, Events and Involvement
- Opportunities to help with state and national level advocacy
About the Position
This position is responsible for providing basic supportive procedures and extra-oral duties or functions to assist the dentist(s) in providing quality dental services to patients.
- Performs functions in accordance with the applicable California Dental Auxiliaries Table of Permitted Duties.
- Assists the Dentist(s) in providing dental services to patients
- Ensure all dental consent forms, health history forms and other necessary forms are completed and signed.
- Prepare tray set up, dental instruments and operatory for patient visit.
- Help patients feel comfortable before, during and after treatment.
- Collect, record, and update patient's health history.
- Take and record patient's blood pressure and pulse in EDR.
- Prepare and take quality digital X-rays and intra-oral pictures of patients as prescribed by the dentist.
- Bring any suspicious overexposure to the attention of the Dentist, Dental Director, and Chief Medical Officer.
- Assist chairside during treatment procedures and anticipates and/or modifies the sequence of the instrumentation as needed.
- Pours Impressions for models, model trimming, fabricates mouth guards.
- Instruct patients on customized and appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health.
- Provide post-op instructions following dental treatment procedures as needed.
- Schedule next visit appointment for patients in the EDR following designated scheduling criteria.
- Perform disinfection, wrapping, sterilization and re-circulation of instrument cassettes.
- Perform dental treatment room disinfection and places appropriate barriers.
- Help maintain the dental office infection control to meet or exceed OSHA, CDC and ADA guidelines and standards.
Education/ Experience Required:
- All licenses and certifications are to be kept current and in good standing with the CA Dental Board
- CA Board approved X-ray Certification on Radiation Safety
- American Heart Association approved BLS Certification (CPR)
- 3 years of experience preferred
One Community Health values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at One Community Health means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. Please provide us with notice if you will require accommodations during the interview process.