Dental Assistant Trainee
Jefferson Dental and Orthodontics
Mid- Cities, TX
Are you passionate about providing the highest level of quality care to your patients? We are hiring for multiple Dental Assistant positions in all locations! We offer a huge opportunity for career growth with great training â€“ No dental experience required!
All The Hands On Dental Assistant Training You Need! (You do not have to attend school)
Who Are We?
We are Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics and we believe in taking a personal approach to dentistry. Since our humble beginnings in Texas in 1967, weâ€™ve been a trusted friend for our patients near and far. At Jefferson, we understand it takes more than clinical excellence to earn a patientâ€™s trust. Itâ€™s of the utmost importance that we all see the patient as a unique individual and demonstrate that their care plan is designed around each of their needs. Weâ€™ll do whatever it takes to put a smile on each patientâ€™s face, so the rest of the world can see how amazing it is. We truly change peopleâ€™s lives. Do you want to be a part of our life changing team?!
Our philosophy is simple: Our Care Changes Peopleâ€™s Lives. We treat our patients like family to provide the best dental experience because we know a happy, confident smile leads to a better life. We deliver the highest quality care, making dentistry convenient and affordable for everyone. Join our new Hygiene team for the opportunity to have a fulfilling career giving our patients the happy, confident smile they deserve.
The Dental Assistant works under the supervision of the Lead RDA and are responsible for a wide range of tasks in the dental office - ranging from patient care and education to administrative duties to laboratory functions. Note: All employees need to be flexible and available to provide dental assistance and perform front desk duties based on the patient needs and as directed by office management.
What Youâ€™ll Do
- Prepare patients for Dentist examination through pre-exam evaluations, including iTero scanning, X-rays, medical history and obtaining vitals
- Build relationship with patients to ensure they comfortable and relaxed throughout visit
- Assist Dentist with dental charting, chair-side procedure assistance such as suctioning, swabbing, place and remove of rubber dams/matrices/wedges, application of topical anesthetic; and materials and instrument preparation including but not limited to cements, amalgam, composites, impression materials etc.
- Perform infection control to CDC, ADA, and OSHA standards; sterilize treatment rooms before and after patient visits, sterilize instruments and other work areas
- Advanced duties include sealant application and nitrous monitoring after completing required courses Competencies for Excellence
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Expresses ideas concisely both orally or written; Tailors communication to specific person/audience; anticipates and manages effects of communication
- Concern for Order and Quality; Detail-Oriented: High standards for quality; Keeps records, checks quality of work and documentation; Must follow specific protocols to ensure compliance
- Teamwork: Work to develop friendly and supporting atmosphere; Pitch in and help others
- Self-Management: Exhibit self-confidence while interacting with patients and team; Functions effective under pressure; Manages own behavior to prevent or reduce feelings of stress
- Integrity & Credibility: Able to gain the trust and respect of patients and co-workers; Professional yet caring demeanor
- Adaptability: Adapts to change in direction in order to support changing priorities * Diversity: Adapts and integrates into diverse work group and patient population
- Competitive pay and bonus structure â€“ starting salary $13/hour and bonuses of up to $800/month*!
- New Grads welcome!
- Growth and advancement opportunities for leadership roles
- Vacation and PTO
- $25,000 of Company-paid Life Insurance
- Wide variety of additional benefits including:
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Health Saving Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Supplement Life Insurance for you or your dependents
- Critical Illness
- Identity Protection
- Team Member Assistance Program
*Bonus potential based on achieving certain number of business objectives per month.
Why Choose Us?
Throughout the interview process, we will gladly fill you in on all the details of our training and career development opportunities.
Certification you will receive with 12 months:
- BLS (CPR) certification
- Nitrous Oxide Monitoring Certification- Off Site Training Provided
- Registered Dental Assistant X-Ray Certification (RDA)- Off Site Training Provided.
- Infection control / Osha/ HIPPA/ FW certifications-free
- Pit and fissure sealant training
- Coronal polishing training
- Guidance into RDA certification
- Continued mentorship to grow as a leader in this company - career Path from DA- LDA - Mentor DA- Trainer DA- Compliance Officer or you can choose operational career path and we can help you with development to even become office manager in future.
Dental Assistant Duties Include:
- Patient management
- Equip operatory for dentist
- Take X-rays Digital
- iTero Scanner
- Maintain equipment and supplies
- Sterilize instruments
- Assist dentist with procedures
- Maintain a friendly, warm and clean environment for patients and their families
Powered by JazzHR