Brand - Taylor Dental - 2001 NW Evangeline Thruway Suite 3, Lafayette, Louisiana 70501
Dental Hygienist - $2,000 Sign-on bonus offered to qualified candidate. Additional terms will apply.
Ready to change lives (including your own)? We are dedicated to creating a world of happy, healthy smiles. We believe every person deserves access to quality, affordable dental care - and this mission drives everything we do. We are looking for a Hygienist ready to create memorable patient experiences. We are not your typical dentist office, so if you are ready to have fun and make a difference, keep reading!
Below are the basics of this role:
Our Hygienists are responsible for delivering direct dental care and associated services to patients under the general supervision of a dentist and for providing general support to the office.
- Current licensure as a Dental Hygienist in good standing*
- Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
- Deliver direct patient care to patients, including scaling and prophylaxis, x-rays, application of sealants and fluoride, and related procedures, under the general supervision of a dentist
- Provide excellent customer service by looking for opportunities to offer Same Day Care
- Educate patients and parents in oral hygiene instruction
- Assess the dental condition and needs of patients and review patients' medical history
- Responsible for adhering to all government regulations and company standards
- Guide parents and patients through our entire treatment process
- Assist with dental and perio charting; when necessary
- Take x-rays and save into patient charts, when necessary
Ready to do more than the basics and be super awesome?
- Have fun and make sure our patients are having fun too
- Provide memorable patient experiences by showing compassion for our patients and parents
- Get out into your community -- participate in local events including school screenings, presentations and any opportunity to promote a positive image of us
- Look around and do more than you are asked to do by assisting with other office duties as needed
- Participate in morning huddles (hey, even ask to run one!), let your peers know how much you appreciate them, highlight great examples of customer focus, collaboration etc.
- Integrity always do the right thing!Love working with kids (they make up 70% or more of our patient base)
RequirementsAnd yes, there are requirements for this role:
* Current licensure as a Dental Hygienist in good standing*
** Experience is great, but not always required
* Speak another language? That may be very helpful here.*
How are we keeping you safe? Your peace of mind is our top priority.
We're doing everything we can help to strengthen our community of families, friends and team members. This includes seeing patients of dental care and adhering to Infection Control and Compliance process that has been in place since the day we were founded. Now we are taking additional preventative measures to keep you and our patients safe while maintaining a healthy environment. We are monitoring our employees daily for symptoms and exposure along with all of our patients. We are providing level 3- N95 masks, face shields and disposable gowns. We have appropriate protocols in place and social distancing with our patients and continually disinfecting treatment rooms, common employee areas such as bathrooms and breakrooms.
What we offer:
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package as well as growth opportunities to our full-time employees. Our full-time dental hygienists also receive company paid malpractice insurance and Continuing Education reimbursement. Other benefits include: medical, dental, vision and optional life insurance. We also offer short and long term disability, 401K with match, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays and much more! Apply today!
We value teamwork, mutual respect and cooperation. We do not practice unlawful discrimination, including harassment or tolerate it in our workplace. What do we mean by discrimination? We mean that we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: Less than 1 year
About the Company
Kool Smiles, founded in 2002, is built on the belief that all families have the right to receive quality dental care. Our goal at Kool Smiles is to provide first-rate dental services to communities that are often overlooked or are otherwise underserved. We welcome the entire family, from children as young as 1 year old, and also treat adults in most of our offices.
The Surgeon General has reported that dental care is the number-one unmet healthcare need for children in the United States. Kool Smiles was founded in response to that unmet need, to provide access to quality dental care in communities throughout the country. Here are the facts on why good dental care is vital to lifelong health:
Tooth decay is the most common childhood disease, and is five times more common than asthma.