Covenant Community Care, a faith-based charitable non-profit Community Health Center serving the people of Metro Detroit, is looking for a Dental Receptionist/Dental Assistant to work with our School Based/Community(Mobile Clinic). Working with patients in a fast-paced setting, this position will work with state of the art equipment in a highly team-oriented Mobile dental clinic.
As a Federally Qualified Health Center, we offer integrated medical, dental and behavioral health care to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay.
Typical duties will include:
- Sterilization, disinfecting and set up of instrument trays
- Accurately record treatment in patient records
- Equipment Set-up and breakdown, this requires carrying heavy equipment.
- Drive company vehicle and travel to sites daily to and from school and community sites
- Assisting Dentists/Dental Hygienists in management of medical or dental emergencies
- Order and monitor of dental supplies and equipment
- Identify, report and follow up as necessary on any maintenance issues involving dental equipment
- Register patients, review insurance eligibility and process visit information for billing
- Organize the paperwork needed for each site scheduled during the week by ensuring all patients receive all necessary paperwork and all forms are signed and dated correctly
- Manage all phone calls pertaining to patients for the School Base Team
- Promote professional image of SBDT always and be knowledgeable about the services provided
- Assist providers and other team members with 1) support tasks and 2) dental assistant tasks as needed.
Dental Assistant (DA) Qualifications:
- Dental Assistant Must hold active CPR certification card
- Preferred 1+ years of experience as a Dental Assistant (DA)
- Digital X-ray Imaging experience
- Valid driver license, reliable transportation and a willingness to travel locally is a must
- Ability to work well with both children and adults
- Ability to work well in fast-paced environment; organized and detail-oriented; able to multi-task
- Must be able to carry up to 30 lbs.
- Able to walk several flights of stairs on occasion as many schools and community sites are without elevators
- BLS/CPR certified required
The successful candidate will possess a high school diploma or GED. Some experience in a dental office is a plus, along with strong organization skills. Students recently completing a Dental Assistant program are welcome to apply. Knowledge and the aptitude to use of software programs such as the Microsoft Office Suite and electronic medical record programs will be key to this position.
Apply on the company website: www.covenantcommunitycare.org
Job Type: Full-Time - Temp to Hire