Our dental practice is currently looking for associate dentists to join our team on long island. The associate should be comfortable in doing all aspects of dentistry including crowns and root canals.
If interested please forward your resume for immediate consideration.
Protects patients' oral health by diagnosing and treating diseases, injuries, and abnormalities of teeth and gums; undertaking preventive procedures; conducting surgery; performing other specialized techniques.
* Accomplishes dental office human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining dental assistants, dental hygienists, and office staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing office administration and dental practice policies and procedures.
* Achieves dental practice operational objectives by developing business strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patient-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; analyzing emerging requirements; determining system improvements; implementing change.
* Meets dental practice financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Assesses the condition of patients' oral cavities by examining patients' teeth and supporting tissue using radiographic equipment, dental equipment, and instruments; utilizing dental auxiliary staff.
* Develops patients' oral health care treatment plan by diagnosing conditions; consulting with patients, dental specialists, and physicians.
* Repairs decayed and broken teeth by removing decay; contouring, restoring, extracting, and replacing teeth; placing filling materials; taking impressions of existing teeth; prescribing crowns; prescribing the fabrication of bridges, partial dentures, and full dentures.
* Maintains soft tissue by treating diseases of the gums.
* Maintains tooth nerves by performing root canal treatments.
* Minimizes dental procedure pain by administering local and general anesthetics when carrying out treatment.
* Maintains dental patients' general health by consulting with primary care physicians regarding medical issues, medical specialists regarding acute health issues, and pharmacists regarding pharmacological implications of dental treatment medicaments.
* Obtains dental specialists for general dentistry patients by referring to endodontists, oral/maxillofacial surgeons, orthodontists, pediatric dentists, periodontists, and prosthodontists
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; maintaining asepsis; complying with the State's Dental Practice Act and other health and legal regulations.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by answering patient questions, responding to requests; keeping patient information confidential.
* Updates dental knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; attending symposia, Dental Association meetings, and conferences highlighting advanced and improved techniques; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional practice management organizations.
* Enhances dental practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to the dental profession; developing outreach programs within the community; speaking to school and civic groups; promoting dental health.
Dental Health Maintenance, Use of Dental Technology, Customer Service, Customer Focus, Verbal Communication, Patient Services, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Infection Control, Professionalism, Thoroughness, Job Knowledge