North East Medical Service
San Francisco, CA
The Dentist will perform examines, treats diseases and injuries of teeth and gums. As well as performs preventative and maintenance dentistry and educates the patient in proper tooth and gum care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs general professional dental work including but not limited to examination, diagnosis, treatment planning, preventive care, oral health education, oral surgery (including simple surgical procedure), periodontics, endodontics (both anterior and posterior teeth), fixed prosthodontics (crowns and bridges), removable prosthodontics (partial and full dentures), space maintainers, and treatment of diseases, deformities, and neoplasms of the mouth according to the Dental Practice Act.
- Continue education to improve quality and broaden scope of care provided to NEMS clients.
- Refer cases to other capable dentist when necessary, to maintain standard of care.
- Maintain a high standard of care and abide to professional ethics.
- Assists when appropriate in the training of para-professional and non-medical personnel.
- Participated in the team approach to the provision of comprehensive health care to families and individuals enrolled with NEMS.
- Works cooperatively with other professionals and non-medical personnel in referring patients to appropriate services.
- Ensures that proper arrangement is made for the patient’s follow-up care.
- Follows and enforce NEMS Infection Control protocol, Medical Waste disposal protocol and Hazard Communication protocol.
- Provides dental health education, including oral hygiene instruction and dietary advice, to patients and to target groups of out-reach program.
- Performs dental screening for NEMS members
- Build relationships and foster a high level of customer service.
- Utilize and monitor effectiveness and efficiency of all equipment and supplies used in the delivery of services.
- A member of the dental peer review committee.
- Assist the department to develop and implement policies, protocol and procedures which are in compliance with the most current accepted professional standards.
- Administer and prescribe anesthetics and medications.
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency, and appropriate confidentiality with patient charting and related recordkeeping and administrative functions as assigned.
- Provide leadership and direction to other dental clinic staff. Ensure meet or exceed all measurable standards of care, including overall clinical, quality, and productivity goals.
- Uphold and ensure compliance and attention to all corporate policies and procedures as well as the overall mission and values of the organization.
- Adhere to all Federal & Government regulations including the State Dental Board rules and regulations, HIPPA & OSHA regulations.
- Assist with in-service and on-going training of clinic staff.
- Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
- Graduate from an accredited school of dentistry recognized by the California State Board of Dental Examiners.
- Current License to practice dentistry in the State of California.
- Current DEA license
- Current documentation of Basic Life Support required.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read and write English.
- Fluent in Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin), Vietnamese, Spanish and other languages may be required depending on location.
- Fluency in other languages are an asset.
This is an FLSA exempt position.
This is an OSHA high-risk position.
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming diversity in our workforce. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEMS BENEFITS: Competitive benefits, including free medical, dental and vision insurance for employee, spouse and/or children; and company contribution to 401(k).