Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions (Wood) is seeking a Design-Build (D/B) Manager, who understands the Alternate Delivery Market (ADM), and desires to be an integral and highly visible part of key highway, bridge and transit infrastructure projects across the United States.
Wood has experienced considerable growth in the transportation market and has identified an increased level of participation in the ADM market as a key component of our five-year growth plan. This expansion drives the need for an experienced Design Build Project Manager to lead design teams on significant design build projects. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplined engineering teams through the procurement and execution phases of ADM projects. Projects may be located anywhere across the United States, thus a willingness to travel is required. Position will require assignment to project offices as needed during the execution of a given project. Strong heavy civil contractor relationships a plus.
Position responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead business development activities including developing contractor relationships, preparation of statements of qualifications, and preparation of proposals
- Manage development of prime and sub-contracts for design activities
- Post award - manage design projects, including scope, schedule, deliverables, quality and financial performance
- Represent Wood as the projects’ primary interface with the client consortium and associated project sponsors
- Manage and mentor staff, project teams, productivity and utilization in adherence to the proposal and project schedules and budgets
- Overall responsibility for project management for the duration of the project, including, planning, execution, oversight, control and completion of projects. Responsibility for payments, quality, progress, budget, public interaction, agency interactions, permits, claims, strategy, process improvement, performance and operations
- Representing the client with architects, engineers, vendors, consultants, and regulatory agencies
- Manage the firm’s day-to-day construction oversight and field staff including Resident Engineers & Inspectors.
- Manage inspection staff and the delivery of daily inspector reports in accordance with clients’ requirements
- Act as liaison to design staff to respond to Contractors’ RFIs and review of shop drawings
- Lead construction meetings with client’s personnel to coordinate concurrent initiatives, track procurement efforts, and assist with program / project delivery
- Provide technical review of construction plans and specifications and project changes for
- Manage Financial performance of the project, budgets and mini proposal efforts
- Responsible for overall site safety, permit condition compliance and coordination with other participant Agencies
- Monitor Contractor performance, schedule, overall responsiveness and effectiveness
- Exert influence over Contractors to maintain project goals regarding cost, schedule, quality, etc.
- Use effective oral and written communication skills to effectively lead progress, project, safety, scheduling and other contract administration meetings with client, local agencies and the community
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, with a minimum of 15 years’ experience
- Registered Professional Engineer in US state, willingness to obtain addition state licensure as needed
- Experience in the pursuit and execution of ADM projects required as a design manager ($250M+)
- Minimum of five years managing a multi-disciplinary team; DBIA, PMP or relevant certifications are an asset
- Extensive experience in design development of large, complex transportation infrastructure projects
- Working knowledge of contract language and legal requirements of contracts
- Excellent technical, communication, and managerial skills
- Knowledge of ADM procurement methods (design-build, CM/GC (CMR), P3),
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent people and leadership skills
- Prior experience as a Project Manager, Deputy Project Manager or Task Segment Lead on D/B Department of Transportation projects.
- Proficiency with CMIS Systems, Primavera and/or MS Project and the MS Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficient in MicroStation, InRoads and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience in developing roadway plans that meet client requirements and a thorough knowledge of applicable design, plan preparation and CADD standards
- Experience leading QA/QC efforts on transportation projects
- Demonstrated consistency and attention to detail; proven track record successfully completing small and/or large scale projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with other team members on large multi-discipline projects
- Must pass drug test, background check and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.