the Desktop Administrator is responsible for providing end-user PC support, problem resolution, and service request actions for desktop workstations, laptops, tablets, software applications, peripherals, windows operating systems and basic LAN connectivity problems. Responds in a timely fashion to Help Desk service requests relating to computer business applications and general LAN systems issues.
- Works in conjunction with the Help Desk, responding to and resolving end-user service requests that must be addressed in the field.
- Troubleshoots desktop hardware and basic network connectivity problems. Resolves technical problems, and updates notes in FreshService.
- Escalates complex problems that are unable to be resolved to the next level support.
- Responsible for PC and tablet setup, installations, configuration, and maintenance of new and repaired local client computing hardware.
- Adds local client PCs to the LAN, tests file paths to appropriate servers, folders, and tests network printing capabilities.
- Troubleshoots error messages, software conflicts, and removes/installs proprietary software and vended applications as necessary.
- Resolves intranet access and email problems.
- Performs routine scheduled software installations and operating system upgrades as directed.
- Performs memory upgrades, hard drive replacements, sound card replacements, and other component-specific repairs as needed.
- Handles multiple project responsibilities simultaneously, prioritizing work and resolving technical emergencies as they occur.
- A+ or Network + certification required.
- MCP certification is preferred.
- Applicant can substitute a higher level of certification for the stated requirement.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- AA degree in computer science or related field is preferred.
- 2 years of relevant and certified experience in a networking environment providing end-user technical support and education required.
- Applicants with the equivalent experience or combination of education and experience may be considered for the position without certifications.