Job Title: Development Manager
Location: Edgerton, KS
Duration: Full time
Work with the organization to prioritize solution enhancements for our in-house developed warehouse management system (WMS), manage the application development team and drive delivery of the enhancements. Maintain a deep functional knowledge and awareness of business processes and supporting applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead delivery of business application systems and projects. This pertains mainly to the SWIMS WMS application developed in-house.
- Drive process improvements within the lines of business relative to the technical projects being implemented.
- Oversee multiple projects as well as supervise developers and analysts to ensure that project timelines and specifications are met.
- Enforce adherence to standards and processes that have been created for application delivery.
- Ensure solution design and delivery is in line with enterprise level architecture design and standards.
- Track and report the status of development of various delivery teams, assigning work to the appropriate streams and ensure that deliverable scope is adequately defined, and quality of deliverables is achieved in accordance with the project milestones.
- Responsible for the leadership of the Application Delivery team and associated functions (design, development, testing and project delivery).
- Foster team-oriented, problem-solving culture focused on delivering quality software solutions that facilitate business success.
- Establish goals and performance objectives that align with the goals of the business. Monitors, measures, and reports results. Holds direct reports accountable for achieving the goals and meeting performance objectives.
- Work with cross-functional teams and business subject matter experts.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Experience designing and building enterprise applications
- Hands-on experience in requirements gathering and business process mapping
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- A team player who also works well independently, thinks creatively, and takes the initiative
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, equivalent or closely related field.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience as a Product Manager or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the third-party logistics/warehousing industry a plus