Knight Mechanic Job Description:
Why work for Knight Transportation:
We offer a high level of opportunity for each of our team members, while creating value through continuous training and development. We are a highly innovative transportation company who prides ourselves on our modern and advanced equipment and technology.
Join a team that provides hands on OEM training with manufactures such as Freightliner, International, Volvo, Cummins, and Detroit. Our technicians enjoy continual opportunities for growth and career advancement.
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions:
As a Fleet Mechanic you will complete a quality preventative maintenance inspection and repairs on all company owned equipment, to include tractors, trailers, refrigerated units and support equipment.
- Diesel Technicians perform preventative maintenance on all equipment to appropriate specifications (OEM, DOT, Swift, etc).
- Inspect, analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and perform minor and/or complex repairs for all equipment.
- Disassemble, repair and re-assemble of Heavy Truck & Trailer components; including but not limited to; refrigerated units, diesel engines, transmissions, axles and any other components or systems.
- Assist any shop personnel as needed to create a cohesive and well-rounded shop environment centered around learning.
- Perform tire maintenance to include repairs, failure analysis, coding, and identification.
- Perform offsite repairs to include all roadside breakdowns as directed by leadership.
- May be required to test drive equipment if certified.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
- 1+ years of mechanical experience with on the job training or Diploma in vehicle maintenance from vocational or trade school
- May require ASE certifications
- Must possess the tools required to accomplish the essential job results
- Knowledge of compliance with OSHA, DOT, and CSA regulations
Pay range depending on experience $17- $32 an hour.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan