Wesley Village is currently hiring Dietary Aides for Part-Time Day Shift opportunities.
United Methodist Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
What will I do?
- Serve food and beverages in a variety of serving settings to our residents while complying with nutritional standards, government regulations and internal procedures.
- Prepares fluids using procedures to maintain quality
- Serves meals using procedures to maintain quality and sanitation
- Dishes food items to maintain quality of prepared foods and baked goods
- Puts stock away, which may require lifting, in a manner to prevent food spoilage
- Accurately records the meals served and monitors/records the temperatures of equipment and food
- Cleans assigned areas using proper procedures specific to the area being cleaned (dining room, dish room, kitchen)
- Washes dishes or cooking utensils following accepted standards of practice
- Provides proper storage to maintain quality of prepared food and baked goods
- Participates in menu planning
- Uses dietary equipment, once trained, to chop, blend, puree
What do I need for this role?
- Willingness to train
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to read
- Experience in food service is preferred
What makes Wesley Village and United Methodist Homes unique?
- We are a faith-based nonprofit organization, committed to serving the community since 1958, and adhering to our mission of providing a wide range of senior living services with truly exceptional care and compassion.
- We have two PA locations in Pittston and Tunkhannock as well as 2 locations in the Binghamton, NY-area - all providing senior care options and opportunities for career growth!
- We recognize our success depends on committed staff members. We offer a comprehensive, affordable benefit program which includes spousal and family coverage:
- Competitive pay rates
- Incentive compensation programs
- Health insurance plan with Wellness program options
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 403B retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Forgiveness for RNs and LPNs
- Employee referral incentive