This position is eligible for an additional $2.00/hour for a limited time
Ebenezer Ridges Care Center is part of a full continuum senior care campus, located across the street from Fairview Ridges Hospital, conveniently located at the I-35E and I-35W split in Burnsville, MN. Our Skilled nursing facility host 114 beds between its Long Term and Transitional Care building. Additionally we offer an Adult Day Program, Child Care and Intergenerational Programming, Arbors Independent/Enhanced/Assisted Living, and Arbor Lane Memory Care. All of these communities together offer a true continuum of care for our residents. Winners of both â€œThe Best Nursing Homeâ€ award and for several years â€œThe Best Assisted Livingâ€ award.
We are looking for a Dietary Aide/Culinary Assistant to support our Skilled Nursing Facility residents. This role is responsible for dining room and tray line meal service for residents, dishwashing, beverage preparation, stocking par levels and general department sanitation.
This food services position schedule includes;
- 48 hours in a two week pay period
- Day hours are 6:30am-3:00pm.
- Benefit Eligible (paid time off, education assistance); https://www.ebenezercares.org/employee-benefits
- Meal Service (fills and turns on the steam table, records food temps, delivers food, and water and snack carts to kitchenettes) is completed in a timely manner
- Plate food and dish meals for residents/guests/staff as needed.
- Ensures dining locations, floors and kitchenettes are clean and inviting and properly stocked
- Sets dining tables and clears dishes after meals
- Records temperatures of equipment and notifies appropriate staff if not within normal range.
- Washes, sanitizes equipment, dishes, tables, and work areas using proper safety techniques â€œas you goâ€ attitude
- Welcomes and promotes positive resident/tenant relations and satisfaction with meal services
- Collects and returns carts for dishwashing
- Other duties such as; answering phones, enter in new admission diet orders and resident order changes, assist with events as needed
- Responds to emergency situations and manage private resident issues with dignity and respect
- Ability to use technology for computer data entry and hand held devices, work phones, printers, and copiers
- Must have good verbal communication skills focusing on customer service
- Ability to interact empathetically and effectively with residents, staff and guests
- Ability to understand and follow cleaning/sanitation, food handling and storage procedures
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Food service experience preferred, but not required
- Customer service work experience preferred, but not required