Cosmic AES is looking for a Mid to Sr -level DSP Engineer to support the development and testing of a signal processing and geolocation system for the DOD. This position would involve researching, designing, implementing, and testing software-defined signal processing algorithms to characterize and process RF signals for a variety of advanced applications.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with other engineers and with customers to perform requirements analysis/design tradeoffs and develop solutions in accordance with system/product architectures.
- Lead in the design, analysis, and development of digital signal processing and communications systems algorithms
- Support software engineering development to translate algorithm prototypes into optimized, production-quality code suitable for operational deployment
- Contribute to the development of design documentation and other documentation artifacts
- Mentor and guide junior engineers
- Help win customer confidence through integrity, technical competency, effective communications, problem solving, and capability demonstrations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work closely in a fast paced, small engineering team which includes other software engineers, DSP engineers, hardware engineers, systems engineers, and test engineers.
- Must have an active Top-Secret security clearance with SCI Eligiblity.
- Education and/or background in digital signal processing, satellite communications, orbital analysis, and geolocation
- Team player and capable of working in a fast-pasted, team environment.
- Typically requires +10 years of experience, and a Graduate degree. This role also typically involves some management support and mentoring Jr. Employees/Engineers.
- Satellite communications, geolocation, DSP, or communications experience
- Familiarity and experience with Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with GNURadio and Software Defined Radios (SDR)
- Software development experience with a low-level language such as C or C++
- Experience with common engineering lab and test equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
This job description is subject to change at any time as requirements change.