Director, Colleague Health Services
Springfield, IL, US
5 days ago
The Director, Employee Health & Wellness is responsible for managing the employee health and wellness services across the health system, promoting employee health and wellness to reduce illness related absenteeism, lower costs related to worksite injuries and reduce health care plan expenditures. The Director will lead the planning, implementation and management of the programs and initiatives comprising employee health, workers' compensation and employee wellness. The individual must ensure compliance with all aspects of OSHA, ADA, IDPH, HIPPA, ERISA, DOL, ACA, and the Illinois Industrial Commission.
- Masters' Degree in Nursing. APN required.
- Registered Nurse with current APN Illinois license required.
- Professional certification in human resources, employee health or wellness preferred.
- Lawson experience a plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience demonstrating knowledge of employee and/or occupational health, workers' compensation administration and/or health and wellness plan administration. Previous experience in a health care setting is preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Strong business acumen, solid organization and multi-tasking skills, excellent analytical and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Self-directed with ability to work autonomously on several projects concurrently.
- Strategizes, develops and leads the implementation of effective process to optimize operational efficiency and growth of the colleague health program. Creates solutions based on the current needs of the employee population. Oversight and program management of services and employees within multiple campuses and facilities across the health system.
- Lead the communication strategy for the employee health and employee education efforts, including managing budget and vendor relationships to provide appropriate communication tools to employees.
- Lead the analysis of and reporting on employee health data and programs. Provides data-driven analysis of program effectiveness, conduct benchmarking, gather data and perform analyses to support design recommendations.
- Monitor and report on legal and regulatory requirements, including industry trends to ensure compliance with ADA, ERISA, IDPH, HIPPA, PPACA and any other federal, state law or regulation related to employee health programs.
- Manage and audit all employee health and employee wellness program vendor relationships and oversee the administration of the programs, ensuring satisfactory customer service, compliance with governing documents, laws and regulations.
- Manages daily activities of the employee health and wellness department. This includes, but is not limited to selection and development of the department staff, administration of policies and guidelines, and providing training and support to the Human Resources team as well as management and senior management as needed.
- Develops proposals for and participates in employee health projects which involve revision, development and/or redesign of existing programs and evaluation and recommendation of technology solutions. This includes high-level project management, partnering with appropriate internal and external resources and ensuring that projects are on-time and on-budget while achieving desired goals and objectives.
- Manage the pre-employment and post offer health screening program which includes identifying and providing job health information, providing physical examinations, obtaining health and immunization history and various other testing procedures.
- Manage return-to-work process and establishes the protocol for "fitness-for duty" issues. Provides input regarding return-to-work and alternate duty issues related to illness and restrictions.
- Manage annual flu vaccine, safe patient handling and employee injury programs.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget process for department. Review, monitor and evaluate budget variances for cost center on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of all Workers' Compensation programs and services.
- Maintains large amounts of sensitive, confidential information concerning personnel, financial, strategic, and business information. Maintains strict confidentiality concerning all correspondence and job related activities.
- Develops annual goals consistent with Memorial Health System's Strategic Plan and Goals, and monitors the status of goal achievement utilizing 30 day action plans.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.