Director, Construction & Engineering
Director, Construction & Engineering
This position is responsible for all OSP engineering and construction activities in the states of NY and PA. These activities include but are not limited to new copper and fiber cable expansion as associated with company initiatives such as the Frontier brownfield FTTH initiative or for new sold services for primary or special services, and work associated with any relocation of OSP facilities.
They are responsible for ensuring all capital projects are properly reviewed prior to approval to ensure compliance with all company standards and design guidelines and that construction is completed as specified in engineering designs. They also ensure that there is appropriate oversight of drafting and clerical OSP support functions so that records are maintained accurately. This position will be a resource for Regulatory, Sales, Marketing, Operations, and other departments within the company.
The Director is also required to ensure performance metrics are achieved relative to response times for customer orders requiring engineering and construction support which includes both Ethernet and POTS services. They are also accountable for maintaining department performance within expense and capital targets. The Director will report to the SVP OSP Construction & Engineering for the East Region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitates the collaboration of team goals and objectives which align with those of the corporation and is responsible for communicating these as needed
- Conducts performance reviews and provides training and coaching for growth and advancement.
- Provides day-to-day management to and coaching of team leaders who oversee the implementation of department initiatives.
- Ensures Outside Plant standards and performance levels are maintained.
- Maintains vendor relationships to conform to the company’s standards and optimize pricing.
- Helps create and monitor financial budgets.
- Identifies process gaps and drives organizational change to increase efficiencies and standards.
- Establishes strong relationships with key stakeholders across multiple business units within the organization including Sales, Marketing, Field Operations, etc.
- Escalates and engages appropriate leadership/key project stakeholders to resolve issues as needed.
- Manages the development, measurement, motivation, and cooperation of employees on their team.
- Ensures all employees participate in and complete all required training.
- Should have a technical understanding of OSP planning and engineering design principles as well as an understanding of aerial, buried, and underground construction methods for both copper and fiber designs.
- Bachelor’s degree and five to seven years’ experience in telecommunications or similar industry.
- Experience as a Manager/Team Leader with specific business knowledge within the Telecommunications Industry is desirable
DESIRED WORK TRAITS & SKILLS
- Seasoned manager with direct management experience, proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Customer-driven and a team player, with strong interpersonal and customer interface skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills; is a process and detailed oriented as well as a self-starter who is highly motivated to obtain goals/results.
- The Director must have the ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, amongst various levels of the organization.
- The ability to work and prioritize in a fast-paced changing environment while coordinating multiple projects simultaneously is necessary.
- Ability and desire to dig into the details to identify root causes and solve complex problems.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
About the Company
Frontier Communications Corporation (NYSE: FTR) is one of the nation's largest rural local exchange carriers. We offer local and long-distance telephone service, Internet access, wireless Internet access, digital phone, DISH satellite TV and more. A career with Frontier combines the excitement of today's telecommunications technology with a stellar reputation for local, reliable customer service. If a stimulating work environment is what you seek, then look no further. You'll find it all here – at Frontier.