Director Data Technologies Liaison, Data & Analytics
The Director Data Technologies (DT) Liaison role of the Data Technologies & Analytics Enablement (DT&AE) function within Data & Analytics (D&A) will have end-to-end accountability across one or more portfolios of initiatives and projects providing innovative data technology and data science solutions to key business problems.
The Director DT Liaison will have the responsibility to establish effective partnerships with D&A analytics teams and business stakeholders to identify business challenges and opportunities where they will develop solutions and even pioneer novel approaches when appropriate. Through a deep understanding of the business domain and their respective goals, the DT Liaison, in partnership with key analytics and business leaders, will develop the roadmap for their data technology, data science and digital transformation needs. In addition, by leveraging their knowledge of business and keeping a close lens on the external landscape, this role will also proactively identify opportunities to enable our partners that go beyond the immediate project and existing roadmap.
In order to deliver against their portfolio(s), the Director DT Liaison will work closely with product owners and provide oversight and guidance across multiple teams of computer scientists, data scientists, programmers, data/software engineers, architects and other roles with responsibility for delivering data technology capabilities in an integrated manner. In support of Otsuka’s Development, Commercial and Corporate function goals, when appropriate, the cross-skilled team will: develop and apply advanced analytical methods inclusive of Artificial Inteligence (e.g. Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP, Voice Recognition, RPA, etc… ); evaluate current business enablement needs to assess and monitor indicators of performance, quality and risks; and modernize the delivery of data/information in user-friendly formats/visualizations and provide insights to business partners regarding the findings in order to enable solutioning for measurable business impact.
This position reports to the Head of Data Technologies & Analytics Enablement and will become a driving force of change, partnership, quality and delivery across their respective portfolio.
- Enables team’s development of business cases, inclusive of ROI, designed to bring modern approaches forward and advocate for new data tools and technologies that will position internal stakeholder to deliver with fit-for-purpose or industry-leading instruments when appropriate.
- Work with the product owner to ensure proof of concept and the end product delivers against the vision.
- Provide business partners with innovative solutions and obtain buy-in, in collaboration with D&A teams and IT partners as is appropriate.
- Accountable to awareness and exploration of external landscape and emerging technologies and trends in partnership with D&A and IT stakeholders.
- Works with analytics teams and business partners to prioritize across the respective portfolio.
- Works with DT functional heads to inform their management of resources across portfolios that may have competing priorities.
- Works with Product Owners with converting vision into strategy and any to work thorugh any changes to strategy.
- As is appropriate, this role will represent DT&AE in internal and external audits, clarifying any process gaps and follow through the CAPA process.
- Supports Product Owners in removing roadblocks and enabling project team.Ability to develop and drive implementation of plans within budgets and timelines.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships within D&A and other functions as well as with external parnters.
- Effectively communicates in a remote/virtual environment; Communicates in an open, balanced and objective manner.
- Demonstrates flexibility and approaches process changes, technology and new responsibilities with an open curious mind.
- Models positive behaviors such as re-examining how things are done and challenging assumptions about what is possible.
- Demonstrates a balance of innovation and curiosity with discipline and structure. Is a champion of value-add change and evolution.
- Balances a focus on both, execution methods as well as outcomes.
- Works creatively within predefined standards.
Knowledge/ Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5+ years of leadership/management (matrix or line) experience is required
- Minimum 8+ years in a pharma/life sciences organization with exposure to R&D, Commercial and/or multiple Corporate Functions with demonstrated domain expertise
- Knowledge of GxP and Non-GxP processes of CSV systems
- Experience effectively managing cross-functional partnerships up to senior levels of an organization
- Experience building business cases with associated ROI calculations
- Effective communication of complex and technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Proficiency using collaboration tools, like Office 365 or similar
- College degree or certifications in relevant field are required
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
Job postings, job offers, or introductions to enter into a business relationship with Otsuka through a third-party vendor may be unauthorized. Avoid being the subject of a scam by dealing only directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External. Any authorized third-party vendor job boards should redirect any inquiry to this Otsuka Career website.