30 days ago
Leads a team of staff responsible for a complex revenue portfolio driven by priority relationships, account management, large events, and fundraising activities with accountability for $3million-dollar plus income targets, as well as mission and advocacy integration. Ensures team goal achievement through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment and mobilization of diverse partners, constituents, and volunteers.
• Accountable for the team’s achievement of a revenue target greater than $3M for a complex, high profile portfolio of priority relationships, account management, fundraising activities and events typically in a top 20 metropolitan market
• Manages, coaches, develops, and trains a team of development staff, each responsible for substantial account and revenue portfolios
• Ensures team engages, recruits, stewards, trains and manages relationships with volunteers and customers to successfully execute fundraising plans and achieve revenue goals.
• Serves on the Market Leadership Team and contributes to building the strategy.
• Manages team to successful volunteer and customer retention, recognition, and pipeline development, with a focus on high impact relationships and key volunteer leadership roles
• Leads the development of relationships and engagement of target partners, organizations, corporations, and individuals
• Ensures the implementation of best practices for revenue growth, adjusting to customer experience survey results and feedback; drives and encourages creativity and innovation resulting in new revenue opportunities
• Monitors financial expenditures and progress to budget and takes appropriate measures to meet top and bottom-line goals ensuring a high return on investment
• Ensures team engages the community to create relevant, best in class experiences for priority constituents including participants, teams, sponsors, cancer survivors and caregivers; ensures event and activity details are expertly executed
• Actively collaborates with all development team members, Marketing, Cancer Control, and ACS CAN staff to maximize success; leverages opportunities to expand engagement of constituents through the collaborative account planning
• Ensures compliance with ACS policies, including employment, risk management, event and cash handling, data management, and financial controls.
• Models and fosters behavior that establishes a culture that values the staff/volunteer partnership, and is consistent with the cultural beliefs and values of the Society
Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five years related experience preferred, working within a multi-million dollar organization a plus. Past staff management experience preferred.
Demonstrates Community Development Competencies Action oriented - Attracts top talent - Being resilient - Builds networks - Customer focus - Drives engagement - Balances stakeholders - Ensures accountability
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work successfully in a diverse team environment.
• Ability to recruit, train and motivate community-based volunteers.
• Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management and meeting deadlines; strong planning and organizational skills.
• Proven relationship building, persuasion and influence skills.
• Strong customer service orientation, with extensive experience in effectively addressing and resolving issues.
• Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals, proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks associated to events.
• Outcome driven; strong project management ability.
• Able to work through others to accomplish goals.