Director of Business Development (Government Contracting)
Pegasus Support Services, LLC
Pegasus Support Services, LLC is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, formed in 2011 and headquartered in Woodstock, Georgia. Our company is dedicated to providing superior Logistics and Facilities operations and Maintenance support services to our customers. Our corporate culture emphasizes a commitment to providing our customers with a high level of reliable, high quality customer service, diligent cost control and continuous quality improvement. We achieve these goals by hiring and training the highest quality employees and by empowering them to "do the right thing" and to provide the customer with unparalleled support. Pegasus Support Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans / Disabled.
Pegasus Support Services, LLC is looking to hire a self-starting and highly motivated Director of Business Development to lead business development activities needed to win work in new markets, to develop new customers and business areas, to recapture expiring projects and programs and to expand market penetration under existing accounts.
- Conducting market assessments and manage business development activities to support growth within the Facilities O&M and Logistics business sectors.
- Be responsible for identifying and qualifying new business development opportunities and overseeing the capture management and proposal development processes. These efforts will include the identification, qualification, and determination for bid on upcoming business development opportunities.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the "pipeline" for new business and recapture efforts of existing contracts, ensuring accuracy of the data for all opportunities assigned under this position
- Responsible for maintaining the "pipeline" for accuracy of the data for opportunities under multiple business lines, as needed.
- New business pursuits should be focused on, physical facilities and installation operations and logistics including material maintenance, supply/warehousing, transportation/motor pool, Range operations and maintenance, facility and DPW operations and Base Operations and Support Services for customers such as the U.S. Air Force, Defense Logistics Agency, Department of the Navy, U.S. Army, Department of Homeland Security Department of Energy and other federal agencies.
- Responsible for the development of annual and long range strategic business plans
- Support the corporate leadership in staying aware of and preparing new business development opportunities, including: Upcoming business development targets; Market outreach events; Contract Industry Day events; Other important outreach events
- Meet and maintain close relationship with new and current customers. Contact prospective customers using networking, referrals from current customers, POC listings from advance RFP postings, and professional organization meeting, conferences, and workshops
- Manage the opportunity pipeline process with probability of win calculations, revenue projections, and direct input to the company budget and forecasting process.
- Perform initial analysis of proposed or actual request of capabilities, and RFP's to determine technical, schedule, and content reasonableness, and profitability in the following specific areas:
- Facilities operation and management
- Engineering services
- Base operations and support
- Logistics support
- Transportation support
- Equipment maintenance
- Vehicle maintenance
- Telecommunication services
- Administrative support
- Renovation and minor construction
- Inventory management and distribution services
- Determine teaming requirements for Prime efforts; identify and qualify industry partners and identify teaming opportunities for subcontracting opportunities.
- Provide proposal development support, as needed, to meet growth objectives.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert writer for the company business development proposal efforts
- Work collaboratively with other assembled members of the company to design, develop, and publish proposal documents
- Coordinate and conduct proposal review teams
- Provide support in the development of the Technical, Management, and Cost Volumes.
- Ten plus (10+) years of progressive experience in Business Development in DOD contracting environment. Four plus (4+) years of experience with proposal process in DOD contracting environment
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications; Experience in technical writing.
- Prior government/military service in core business areas of facilities O&M, logistics, engineering/DPW services, and warehousing/distribution services.
- Four (4) year degree from an accredited university. Active Duty Military experience and DoD schools and training may be substituted for consideration against the education requirements
- Current experience with DOD facilities programs in the areas of managing scope, quality, schedule, and cost for projects at a senior level.
- Proven ability to develop business at executive and mid-levels.
- Proven management track record - project level or higher - that illustrates success in BO, Government Program/Project management, and general management responsibilities
- Knowledge of decision makers, strategic direction, and major programs in the subject market space.
- Ability to up sell and expand services from existing contracts.
- Successful track record developing business in new markets. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of developing and delivering effective sales presentations. Excellent proposal development skills.
- Demonstrated success targeting and winning services contracts.
- Proven ability to develop and execute sales strategies leveraging partnerships with vendors and other industry partners.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task.
- Collaborative leader with ability to pull together cross functional support for BD initiatives.
A background check and drug screen will be conducted for this position.
Click the apply button above to be considered.
Pegasus Support Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.