Director of Emergency Department - Registered Nurse
Title: Director of Emergency Department - Rutherford Hospital
City, State: Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville, TN)
Location: Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Day
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long term / Short Term disability
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Tuition Assistance after 6 months employment
- 403b with company match
- Paid vacation time off
- Faith based work environment
- Legal services and much more!
What Saint Thomas Rutherford has to offer:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Saint Thomas Health provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare’s toughest challenges.
Direct development and implementation of emergency services policies, procedures and strategy.
- Develop departmental goals, plans and standards.
- Plan, organize, and direct all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepare budgets and ensure compliance with allocated funding. Coordinate and direct internal/external audits.
- Administer and evaluate all clinical activities including care plan development, service level determination and complaint management.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.Current incumbents as of 4/30/18 have 6 Months (180 days) to obtain BLS.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Advanced Life Support preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- Master's degree or combination of Bachelor's degree and experience preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
No additional preferences.Why Join Our Team:
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.