Athens Technical College in Athens, Georgia, seeks a Director of Financial Aid. The Director of Financial Aid is responsible to the Interim Executive Director of Financial Aid and Student Accountsfor managing the programs of state and federal student financial assistance, including Pell Grant, College Work Study, Veteran’s Affairs, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, HOPE, College and community scholarships and the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all applicable federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to financial aid
- Maintain college’s eligibility for federal and state financial aid by keeping necessary applications, waivers, and documentation on file (e.g. FISAP, e-app, PPA, gainful employment, and GSFC agreements
- Serve as Primary Destination Point Administrator (DPA) to maintain users in federal financial aid systems (e.g. SAIG mailbox, CPS, COD, NSLDS)
- Serve as college administrator for gafutures.org to maintain users in the State of Georgia financial aid system (SURFER)
- Serve as the coordinator for the NPSAS system
- Facilitate the implementation of the Satisfactory Academic Progress Committee and manage meetings as needed
- Establish financial aid budget and award guidelines that are based on federal, state, college, and sponsor criteria.
- Produce reports and providing certifications as required to secure and maintain appropriate funding levels in all financial aid programs
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure proper and effective coordination of all financial assistance programs
- Exercise control over fund expenditures, reconcile account balances, and complete fiscal year reports in cooperation with the business office
- Provide pertinent financial aid information to community agencies, scholarship sponsors, other educational colleges, and to various offices within the college
- Staff and supervise the financial aid office to ensure students receive a positive customer service experience
- Oversee the daily operations of the financial aid office
- Perform other duties as assigned
Deadline to apply is August 4, 2021 at 4:00 pm.