Provides leadership and execution of services for football student-athletes and associated staff. Assists in taking inventory, fitting, ordering, receiving, and distribution of athletic equipment. Key role in the organization and execution for the Equipment Operations Department in support of Football student-athletes.
- Provides services for USC Football to support student-athletes, coaches and support staff.
- Oversight of inventory management for football equipment. Assist with football equipment inventory records and reports.
- Assists in ordering of specialized equipment (and related materials).
- Maintains equipment and related materials, including cleaning, servicing and life cycle replacement.
- Conducts and supervises proper fitting if protective equipment.
- Work collaboratively with support staff in athletic department to support student-athlete safety.
- Repairs equipment or coordinates repairs with outside vendors.
- Keeps current inventory records of equipment and materials in stock and on order. Complies with all applicable rules and regulations regarding maintenance and use of specialized equipment.
- Proficient in inventory data base management and production of frequent reports.
- Provides internal and external communication related to football equipment with all necessary parties.
- Coordinates utilization of staff and department resources to support football specific needs.
- Provides review and development of football equipment staff.
- Develops and manages budget to support football equipment needs and equipment department needs as related to football.
- Planning and execution of annual apparel and uniform orders for Football.
- Develops and maintains relationships with important equipment and apparel vendors.
- Coordinates schedules and manages head count to support football specific services.
- Excellent communication skills and strong ability to work in a team environment.
- Good computer skills with experience utilizing in Word , Excel, Power Point, and equipment inventory data base.
- Knowledge of inventory systems and ability to maintain inventory records for athletic teams in real time using digital data base.
- Knowledge of AEMA best practices and methodologies and AEMA certification.
- Experience in issue return, storage and maintenance of all athletic equipment.
- Experience planning and executing large equipment and apparel orders.
Minimum Education: Specialized/technical training, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Knowledge of particular specialized equipment plus experience in stockroom supervision.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at
email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC’s Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: