Director of Hotel Operations
Little Creek Casino Resort
This position is responsible for directing and overseeing the daily operations of Hotel Operations. Developing and initiating procedures, policies and operational controls, appraising and evaluating results of overall operations, maintaining and upgrading the appearance of assigned facilities and assisting in meeting the goals established for the property’s future operations, expected financial performance and overall department growth. Strong interpersonal skills are necessary for dealing with both guests and employees. Mentor and advance an SIT Apprentice into a managerial position within a reasonable timeframe.
Provides exceptional customer service at all times through the use of Little Creek Casino Resort's 7 Waterways of Guest Service standards which are as follows:
- Impress for Success
- See, smile, welcome
- Play the name game
- Listen, act & respond
- Promote & suggest
- Positive parting & appreciation
Some of what you will do:
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, teamwork, morale, and evaluation of all staff.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the training plans for all department positions and is responsible for developing a Squaxin Island Tribe (SIT) apprentice employee within the Hotel Department.
- Provide exceptional internal and external customer service at all times through the use of the 7 Waterways of Guest Service standards.
- Develop and administers policies promoting effective customer relations.
- Ensure customers are being assisted with feedback in a timely manner along with problem resolution to include issuance of comps under the guidelines for the Comp Policy.
- Establish standards for personnel administration and performance, service to patrons, room rates, advertising in conjunction with Marketing Department,
- Responsible for the direction and coordination of specified operational activities.
- Support gaming departments and players club with their reservations and promotions maximize overall business to the property.
- Develop workable implementation plans; communicate changes effectively.
- Dispense advice, guidance, direction and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies.
- Support training and coach staff in the importance of quality customer service skills to ensure excellence for the ultimate in guest experience.
- Establish and monitor all staffing and FTE’s and overtime to meet established goals.
- Responsible for enforcing Little Creek Casino Resort’s Policies and Procedures, to ensure employees meet the standards of excellence and professionalism.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges and disciplinary measures, as required.
- Submit a Capital expenditures (CAPEX) report to Finance Department annually.
- Work within approved budget; develop and implement cost saving measures; contribute to profits and revenue; conserve organizational resources.
- Interpret Financial Reports and provide expertise on (projected) revenue vs. expenses.
- Formulate and administer a department budget in order to achieve profitability objectives.
- Monitor fluctuation and trends in business volumes to be used in short and long term forecasting.
- Coordinate with Marketing Department to develop and maintain Hotel literature.
- Work with Marketing Department to create ongoing in-house promotions and activities to stimulate sales, staff and customers.
Here is what we are looking for in competitive applicants:
Experience across all aspects of hotel operations including, demonstrated experience in guest services, EVS, and Housekeeping/Laundry, Spa and Retail operations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, Hotel Management or related field OR AA Degree and seven (7) years of hotel management experience with a minimum of five (5) years of direct responsibility for budget preparation, planning and operational support in a tribal casino environment or other gaming entity required.
- AAA - Four or Five Diamond experience preferred.
- Spa experience, property additions and remodeling experience preferred.
- Experience across all aspects of hotel operations including, demonstrated experience in guest services, EVS, and Housekeeping/Laundry, Spa and Retail operations.
- Experience with marketing hotel services as well as convention sales and service preferred.