Director of Integrated Marketing
Marketing | Santa Clara, CA or New York, NY
Chegg is looking for a seasoned and flexible Director to create the Integrated Marketing function at Chegg. As we continue to grow in size, scale and complexity, it is becoming increasingly important that we are able to show up for our students in a coherent, compelling and effective way. This role and team will become a critical linchpin in our crafting our marketing approach, delivering our business results and evolving our brand experience.
The successful candidate will have a track record of creating clarity out of ambiguity, delivering successful business results, balancing important, competing demands and building trust and credibility across a wide range of stakeholders.
You will build a small team to bring this new capability to life at Chegg with a focus on five critical areas:
- Define the customer marketing strategy. Collaborate with Product Marketing and a host of other teams to build customer segment marketing plans that unlock significant growth. You will develop a deep understanding of our key segments and provide guidance to channel and creative teams ranging from campaign themes and messaging to specific activation opportunities
- Build the process. Establish and lead an integrated marketing planning process that produces a cohesive, impactful annual marketing plan. You will be strong at pulling together a plan and ensuring that multiple teams stay connected, coordinated and on track from inception through delivery
- Own the narrative. Define the arc of the conversation that we want to have with our future and current customers (aka the master brief). You will have a demonstrated talent for pulling together all the disparate threads into a coherent storyline and plan that defines how we will market over the course of the year (and beyond). Channel, Creative and agency teams will be able to use your team’s work to deliver clearly, consistently and brilliantly
- Deliver the business. As a joint owner of our performance, collaborate with product marketing, paid channels, CRM, creative marketing and partnership teams to deliver our marketing plan and business objectives
- Evolve the brand. Own and deliver the successful launch of a new brand positioning for Chegg. Drive sustained and meaningful progress in creating a consistent customer brand experience on and off site that expands student understanding of what Chegg is and why it’s valuable
To succeed in the role, this leader will:
- Know what great looks like. Ability to appreciate and assess strengths and opportunities across the breadth of marketing capabilities is essential: channel, creative, process, brand, strategy
- Build a great team. Knowing how to hire, guide and develop great talent will be the most important element of success
- Set a compelling long term vision, backed by data and insight. Ability to be future focused and analytically rigorous will be critical
- Drive action, impact and change. Chegg is a high growth business, which means we’re all helping to build. Experience and comfort moving between strategy and delivery is a must
- Lead through influence at all levels of an organization. Success in this role requires earning trust and building credibility from stakeholders at every level
- 10+ years' experience in product / integrated marketing management or equivalent within consumer product/service companies and brands. 3+ years in roles directly accountable for the creation and delivery of holistic marketing plans
- Significant experience with digital performance marketing channels and creative marketing teams, either as a key partner or as a practitioner
- Strong analytical rigor with direct experience successfully developing strategic customer plans informed by rich data, compelling insights and direct customer research
- Track record of success in delivering major projects through effective influence. You will need to bring a wide range of stakeholders along in order to get things done
What is Chegg?
An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, and Chegg Internships and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com/
Chegg India: http://www.cheggindia.com/
Chegg Israel: http://insider.geektime.co.il/organizations/chegg
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer